Left 4 Dead topic

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
tyrud

Re: Left 4 Dead topic

Postby tyrud » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm

The Coach look alike is pretty much how I picture Jeff, but only in terms of body mass and strength, because you know, Jeff's not black, lol.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 pm

tyrud wrote:The Coach look alike is pretty much how I picture Jeff, but only in terms of body mass and strength, because you know, Jeff's not black, lol.

The body, yes. The face, not at all.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Thus only the body mass and strength.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:24 am

Well, I just beat my first L4D2 campaign on Expert. Even though I’ve played hundreds of hours of the **** game, I almost always play on Normal because it's pretty casual gameplay, but tonight I just felt like going harder. We played The Parish (my favorite campaign of all time), and the Bridge started out pretty bad with me shooting and downing Rochelle almost immediately, lol. We made it about halfway when things started getting REALLY bad, and by the time the Tank appeared Rochelle had already accidentally killed Coach, and a Hunter had killed Ellis. I still had a healthpack, and I used it, but Rochelle accidentally shot me and brought my health down to about ten LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER I FINISHED USING IT

I bypassed the Tank with my adrenaline and said "see ya ****" to the person playing Rochelle, but a Smoker grabbed me and I had to wait until Rochelle (who was black-and-white) saved me, rofl. The Tank was right on our heels by now, and the only thing that saved us were two sets of pills and another adrenaline shot in the back of a truck. I took the adrenaline, and we each took a bottle of pills. We got all the way to the end of the bridge, I threw a pipe bomb I found on the fender of a Humvee and the Molotov I carried from the safe room, and we ran for the helicopter (I gave Rochelle the adrenaline to help her move faster, since her pills were wearing off). Then all of a sudden a second Tank appeared; I only escaped because I rounded the porta-potty it was hiding behind one second earlier than Rochelle, and I had time to sidestep to the right. Rochelle wasn't so lucky, and it punched her and killed her instantly, lol. It picked up a rock and threw it at me, but it barely hit the lip of the helipad as I ran into the helicopter amid the cheers of my teammates. I never died once the entire campaign, and my faith in the L4D2 community was restored because we only got mad and shot at each other on purpose once, rofl.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:00 am

I got L4D2 for PC today, and...uh...here's what my very first modded game contained:

Nick = Merle Dixon
Rochelle = Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw
Ellis = Red Scout, his prompt for adrenaline is changed to "grabbin' heroin"
Coach = some big-boobed anime chick
Boomer = dressed like Coach
Charger sounds like Old Spice Terry Crews
Hunter = Xenomorph from Alien, has Nyan Cat rainbow, pounce music changed to Sport O - Let Me Hit It
Jocket = Diddy Kong, makes Quagmire giggity noises
Smoker = Slenderman
Spitter = prostitute, makes Jontron "ECH" noises, burning noise from spitter goo changed to Randy Marsh saying "HOT HOT HOT"
Shrek Tank
Witch = sexy nurse, cry changed to "Best Cry Ever"
Pipebomb = Cymbal Monkey from CoD
Credit song switched to David Glen Eisley - Sweet Victory
Chainsaw makes Homer Simpson noise
Flashlight beam replaced with Nicolas Cage face
Pain Pills = Coca-Cola products
Ammo pile = candy bars
Defibrillator Rick-Rolls you
Propane tanks = Voltorb
Frying pans have bikinis
Car alarms replaced with "Trolololol" guy's singing
Common infected = Stormtroopers, default sounds changed to Tim Allen grunt

SOMEBODY HELP ME I'M FALLING DEEPER INTO THIS PIT AND I CAN'T ESCAPE

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:49 am

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 pm

thanks for the wallpaper
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:46 am

First survival match on PC, first gold medal. Looks like my console-based skills carried over without much trouble.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 912B40635/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 54C4FB963/

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon May 30, 2016 4:40 am

I just played one and a half Realism Versus games with a Youtuber I watch a lot, and it was pretty damn enjoyable. He was streaming it for around 100 people, but I wasn't able to watch the stream and play at the same time. I usually hate Versus, but having a bunch of people from the same community talking and playing together makes it a lot more fun.

EDIT: I hopped back in after a few minutes and played another game and a half of normal Versus. At one point it was just me at quarter health standing over the downed Youtuber, slashing through a horde to protect him as our final stand after car alarms fucked up our team. We survived and rushed all the way to the safe room side-by-side after that, and it felt amazing. It was the first stream of his that I participated in, lol.

EDIT 2: He uploaded the stream to Youtube, so now I can watch from his perspective too, lol.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 am

Neat! What's the video name/link?
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Return to “All things Zombie”