A proper farewell, 8 months late.

Whatever you want to talk about, for whatever reason. Can't believe you don't want to discuss zombies though... shame on you.
ghostobi

A proper farewell, 8 months late.

Postby ghostobi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:45 am

So, first off, sorry.
Life moves on so fast, guys. It really does. If any of you want to know or are even remotely interested, I'm currently studying computer science at the University of Southern Mississippi, and I've been playing Magic: The Gathering competitively; I'm trying to get on the pro tour next year. I've been going steady with a girl for about half a year now, which is more than half of the reason I didn't come back. I'm sorry I had to leave, but ultimately I feel no regrets, as my life finally seems to be falling into place. I know that sounds super lame, but honestly, I'm past caring about what sounds lame. I'm finding myself, I'm pursuing my passion, everything is finally coming up Dean. Still, it's a bit hard not to be nostalgic, and that's why I'm back here now. I figured I should explain myself.

Secondly, good job.
I love the way you tied up Jonathan and Claire as characters. I became invested in them, they were like my children. I've recycled the characters many times under many names in many works, as they were the first characters I ever truly fell in love with. This RP ignited a passion for writing I didn't know I had, and those characters meant so much to me. The fact that they meant enough to you guys to not just die as redshirts die means a lot. I'm grateful for the time I had in their shoes, and I wish it could have lasted. I'm satisfied with their deaths, though. They died nobly. I respect that.

And finally, thank you.
When I joined this forum, I was little more than an anxiety-ridden teenager, and honestly, some of you were my only real friends at the time. But partially through this forum and partially through some great medication, I managed to conquer my fear of human interaction. I made friends, I got out there, I got excited about waking up in the morning. That's more than I could say about myself two years ago, or even last year. It's still hard at times, as mental illness is like diabetes or cancer: one can live through it, but one cannot truly cure it. I'll struggle with anxiety and depression my whole life, and I accept that, but you guys, all of you, made me feel comfortable with myself. You accepted me, which is more than I could say for anyone else at the time. I love you guys for that. I really do.

Okay, enough of me being sentimental. It's getting more than a little weird. But hey, if any of you want to stay in touch, here's a couple ways to contact me.

Tumblr: eighty-fifth-item.tumblr.com
Email: deanthetenor@gmail.com

Best wishes,
Ghostobi
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
-Charles Dickens, "A Tale of Two Cities"

coinsruledude

Re: A proper farewell, 8 months late.

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:52 am

"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 am

Though I never really was involved in the same aspects of the forum you were I'm really glad your life has taken a turn for the better, and that you can move on to something more.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 am

"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 am

Good to hear things are well for you, Ghost. Good luck in all your endeavors, friend.

"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:05 am

Ghost, did you switch your profile to hidden? Smerg was the only hidden and now there's 2 all of a sudden lol.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Return to “Off topic”