Grand Theft Auto 5

Whatever you want to talk about, for whatever reason. Can't believe you don't want to discuss zombies though... shame on you.
tyrud

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5

Postby tyrud » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

My friend told me that his brother was playing GTA V online and encountered no problems. That was on Xbox though, so maybe its a problem with PSN, but I don't really know.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:29 pm

I managed to get it up and running finally. I found that my driving skills are 1337 lol, I have played 8 races and come in first on 7 of them.

One of my favorite past times already is to get into a helicopter and watch random players run from the cops.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 am

I have some questions.

How does the multiplayer work? Is it all just free roam **** around? Are there side quests and extras? How extensive/good is the character customization?
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:23 am

Character customization is pretty meh, at least when you make them. It has this weird system where you pick your grandparents appearance, then your parents appearance and that decides how you look. After that you decide how your character spends their day, that affects your stats and if you do illegal work you will have a bruised up face. After that you pick your hairstyle and a couple other things.

When you load into multiplayer for the first time you have a tutorial where Lamar from the single player picks you up at an airport and teaches you the ropes while introducing you to other mission giving characters. After the tutorial it is free roam with the ability to do TONS of missions, ranging from simple races and death matches to stealing meth from The Lost MC and stealing specific cars around the city for money. As you complete jobs, kill players, escape the police ect you earn respect which levels you up and unlocks new weapons, missions, car mods, clothing options ect.

Many of the missions have cutscenes similar to the single player story and they seem to have some structure to them. Each time you start a mission you can send out invites for people to help you although they get a cut as a result.

I could go on and on, this **** is deep and was well worth the fury and frustration while it wasn't working lol. I just spent 2 hours flying in a military fighter jet bombing the **** out of anyone dumb enough to mess with my friends lol.

EDIT: It maybe working for me now, but damn I loved this video I just saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj6fOwMZYVI

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:34 pm

How my friend feels about the GTA V servers.

(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 pm

"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:47 am

Is that a shop or unlegit?

If it's neither then I may need to start buying as many GTA's as possible to support such a cool company.

Speaking of GTA, I read somewhere (I might of even read it here, posted by one of you guys) that the police in GTA 5 are now really aggressive, and pose a threat?

Anyone care to provide any examples in the form of whimsical police-violence stories?
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:59 am

Smerg wrote:Speaking of GTA, I read somewhere (I might of even read it here, posted by one of you guys) that the police in GTA 5 are now really aggressive, and pose a threat?

Anyone care to provide any examples in the form of whimsical police-violence stories?

Basically the police pretty much have a much better semblance of an idea of how to deal with you and they escalate to the use of firearms very quickly, even faster than in previous games (Just like the real LAPD!). They also like to use the P.I.T. Maneuveron your car a lot and are relatively good at just knocking you off balance and charging into you to stop you cold.
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:27 am

Smerg wrote:Is that a shop or unlegit?

If it's neither then I may need to start buying as many GTA's as possible to support such a cool company.
Obviously fake.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:43 am

They are pricks to get away from once you get 3 stars because helicopters are assholes lol. At 4 stars they start repelling NOOSE members from helicopters and they will have NOOSE vans with more agents on the side of the vehicle gunning you down while chasing you. If you get 5 stars pretty much your only chance for escape is to run for the hills, literally and outclimb the cops in the mountains outside of Los Santos, losing the choppers by doing crazy **** jumps when you drive down the huge mountain you just climbed lol.

Return to “Off topic”