Weird Dreams

Whatever you want to talk about, for whatever reason. Can't believe you don't want to discuss zombies though... shame on you.
coinsruledude

Re: Weird Dreams

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 am

If you don't wake up when you get physically injured, your brain does not play nice with your body.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:03 am

yeah :c my brain don't want none of my ****
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:04 am

You are your brain.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:06 am

I've never woken up to something like that lol, no personal sleeping injuries to me. The worst injury I've gotten while sleeping was from my friends kittens trying to climb on me as I slept.

Last time I was at my friends I woke up to smoke in my lungs cause she was blowing me shotguns as I slept to wake-n-bake me lol. I shot my eyes open and almost lost my **** until I saw her sitting there with the blunt then I realized what was going on and chilled out.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Tanten137

Postby Tanten137 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Smerg wrote:I go to a conspiracy board that talks about those kinds of dreams, i.e. ones with shadowy antagonists.

Apparently they're common, so much so that 'LSD: Dream Simulator', (A crazy as **** japanese playstation 1 game based on a ten-year long dream journal, for those who don't know.) has one as one of its primary antagonistic forces.

I've been told a silhouette is supposed to represent your subconscious. If that's true, my subconscious is a jerk.
"Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.~Albert Camus
"I would rather be ashes than dust." ~Jack London
"Hell is people." ~People

Tanten137

Postby Tanten137 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:39 pm

tyrud wrote:A friend of mine once woke up and found that she had been choking herself in her sleep. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's something probably doesn't want to experience again. :P

I think mine is a bit different, but one of the side effects of lucid dreaming is sleep paralysis. Which is when you wake up but your body is still asleep. You're also still partially asleep so you hallucinate. Once in a while your brain will panic and think someone is choking you so you hallucinate a silhouette that has it's hands around your neck. You can't breathe, you can't move, and let me tell you, it isn't fun.

Tanten137

Postby Tanten137 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Smerg wrote:I realized I was dreaming halfway through a dream and then took control of it completely.

Apparently your subconscious mind is better at maintaining dreams then your normal consciousnesses, because when I tried to make my dream do stuff, it flipped its **** and made me wake up.

I know the post I'm quoting is from two years ago, but I have a useful tip. If you manage to lucid dream and you feel yourself waking, spin. I know it sounds crazy, but it works.

Even then, maintaining a lucid dream takes a lot of focus. If you don't wake up, your subconscious might take over again if you don't focus.

Also, if you want to lucid dream a good trick is to make a habit of trying to put your finger through one of your hands. In a dream your hands are fluid and it will go through. Bada bing bada boom. You know you're dreaming.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:14 am

Tanten137 wrote:
Smerg wrote:I realized I was dreaming halfway through a dream and then took control of it completely.

Apparently your subconscious mind is better at maintaining dreams then your normal consciousnesses, because when I tried to make my dream do stuff, it flipped its **** and made me wake up.

I know the post I'm quoting is from two years ago, but I have a useful tip. If you manage to lucid dream and you feel yourself waking, spin. I know it sounds crazy, but it works.

Even then, maintaining a lucid dream takes a lot of focus. If you don't wake up, your subconscious might take over again if you don't focus.

Also, if you want to lucid dream a good trick is to make a habit of trying to put your finger through one of your hands. In a dream your hands are fluid and it will go through. Bada bing bada boom. You know you're dreaming.

Yeah, I've read up on a lot of tips and tricks on lucid dreaming, but whenever I dream I can't even move my hands. I'm normally just watching what happens, and if I do do anything I've completely forgotten anything to test if my dreaming.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Tanten137

Postby Tanten137 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Smerg wrote:
Tanten137 wrote:

Yeah, I've read up on a lot of tips and tricks on lucid dreaming, but whenever I dream I can't even move my hands. I'm normally just watching what happens, and if I do do anything I've completely forgotten anything to test if my dreaming.

That's why you make it a habit while you are awake. It carries over into your dream.

Tanten137

Postby Tanten137 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:45 pm

I just had a dream where I was a girl and could turn people into zombies. Also, for some reason I was also a mechanic. It was strange.

Return to “Off topic”