Random Thread Of Nonsense

Whatever you want to talk about, for whatever reason. Can't believe you don't want to discuss zombies though... shame on you.
coinsruledude

Re: Random Thread Of Nonsense

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:29 am

>Spend exactly 100 minutes in Stellaris for the first time
>Have a bit of fun managing my tiny empire
>Finally colonize a second planet and encounter my first ever intelligent alien species as my borders expand to within two stars of theirs
>Militant xenophobe fallen empire
>Declaration of war within a week
>Quit to desktop without saving

"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:43 am

1: Don't turn on AI with an advanced start
2: No advanced neighbors, that should keep empires a bit away. Them going to war like that is rare regardless, so you just got fucked by chance. Typically they warn you about something you're doing to **** them off and attack based off of your response to that.
3: Split up your corvette fleet and send it out in every direction to scout out your surroundings. Survey your system with a science ship and build a second immediately. Eventually you can automate the survey from a technology.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

deadwaste

Postby deadwaste » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 am

who ever was the guy that thought up polynomials i wanna punch that guy in the face real hard
"Removing an evil **** spirit from a negro is as hard as removing the stink from a hunk of ****."
- Uncle Rukus, The Boondocks

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 pm

The current state of the galaxy, on the brink of all out galactic war.

My glorious empire, the Republic of Inarus, has spread its might through the galaxy at an astonishing and terrifying rate over the past 74 years. Almost an entire quarter of our galaxy lays inside of my borders, including some of the most prime real estate for Gaia worlds. My expansion was anything but bloodless, with three genocides and six enslaved species of aliens from my conquests of their fledgling empires. My first challenge came against a stagnant empire of Enigmatic Observers, who demanded that I change my policies after my first genocide. When I refused, they sent everything they had at me.

My flagship (the Atlas lol) and a fleet of carriers, dreadnoughts and strike cruisers barely managed to hold the line against the onslaught of their advanced ships. They landed one army on a colony of mine while my fleets were tied up fighting theirs, but the defensive forces made up of slave species held the line until I was able to drop in Psyionic troops to counter and destroy the attackers. After destroying their fleet and having mine crippled, I sent everything left to my fleet except for the Atlas into the Observers home system to harass them while the Atlas made repairs.

Like something out of a movie, the moment the last of my ships fell to their defensive space stations, the Atlas warped into their system outfitted with technology I'd salvaged from their fallen ships. The new shields kept the Atlas alive long enough for it to wipe out the rest of their stations and begin orbital bombardment. From there we took each planet one by one like they were **** Japanese islands.

Fast forward thirty years, I've used some vassals to fight proxy wars for me as my fleet rebuilt its strength to surpass our former glory. After receiving an insult from an empire, I went on the offensive again and kicked up my genocide campaign against any species that wouldn't make good workers or soldiers. Now the remaining empires have formed a network of defensive treaties that ensures if I make the next move that I'll be swarmed by everyone. I'm building up light, medium, capital and defensive fleets so I can attack across all fronts and hold against whatever slips through the lines. I recently finished a dyson sphere encasing a star, so I have almost infinite energy for my empire to continue its expansion.

If the other empires don't rally and strike me first soon, I'm going to be able to overwhelm the lot of them.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Having a job cleaning a campsite has given me ten lighters and three pocket knives, among other things such as a duffle bag, camo tarp, ten feet of paracord, two aluminum water bottles, and some other stuff I know I'm forgetting.

As I build up a collection of lost camping gear, I've made it a goal to build an apocalypse themed camping kit comprised only of things I find amidst the ruins of abandoned campsites. If I wasn't lazy I'd post a picture of what I have so far, but the only thing I'm missing is a piece of cook wear to reliably prepare my meals. Also I'm missing a sleeping bag, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 am

Reading your guys's Stellaris stories reminds me of "**** yeah, Humanity!" stories but instead of Humanity prevailing against a seemingly overwhelming alien force it's just blue Hitler :c
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 am

Smerg wrote:Reading your guys's Stellaris stories reminds me of "**** yeah, Humanity!" stories but instead of Humanity prevailing against a seemingly overwhelming alien force it's just blue Hitler :c
My mutant fox horses are doing what they can to protect the universe from evil though, lol. They're the opposite of blue Hitler.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 pm

@Smerg Sounds like a wicked job perk to add to a growing list of them, man. Hopefully you find something really neat and worthwhile.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Blue Hitler is just bringing order to the chaos of the galaxy, is that really so evil?

deadwaste

Postby deadwaste » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:21 am

didnt pass the math section of the hiset test(high school equivalency test) but i'm allowed to retake it after a 30 day waiting period. closest location with a date more than 30 days away is in mississippi. it's long enough away for me to get back into relearning what i forgot in math during the last test, so hopefully i get good again.
also **** polynomials and **** the guy that came up with that. i wanna punch the genitals off that person with my foot.
"Removing an evil **** spirit from a negro is as hard as removing the stink from a hunk of ****."
- Uncle Rukus, The Boondocks

Return to “Off topic”