C3O Extras and Additions

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
TheTeddyguy

C3O Extras and Additions

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:53 pm

As the title says, this is where we'll slap anything that we decide to add that takes place in the middle of a completed story. First and foremost being Michelle's excursion, where she will encounter Colin and Valerie.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

coinsruledude

Re: C3O Extras and Additions

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:57 pm

I figured we would add things like this to the stories as they're edited, but okay.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Well Lingering Nightmare isn't in editing and won't be for well over a year from now, but Tyrud and I feel like writing this a LITTLE sooner than that.

When we go back to edit it we can just insert this where it belongs and make the appropriate changes.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:27 pm

(This takes place after the events that ended in the death of the rest of the convoy, which will be written and thrown onto this post at a later date.)

[Wednesday, April 29th, 2026 - 6:34 PM]

"I don't know what I expected.." Michelle said to herself with a sigh as her trucks engine puttered out, starved of gasoline thanks to all of the spare fuel being lost to the horde in Perre Part along with the rest of the convoy. She coasted the vehicle a slight distance before bringing it to a stop on the side of the Bayou Sorrell road, putting the truck in park and resting her head against the steering wheel. Her mind running through all of the events that had occurred some twenty minutes ago resulting in the violent deaths of every other member of the convoy, realizing just how lucky she was to still be breathing but feeling guilty that she couldn't save anyone other than herself.

The severity of her situation began to make itself clear as she thought inside of the truck, stranded in the Louisiana bayou with no fuel, food, water or even a map to begin finding her way back to California, although that was seeming like a pipe dream the more she considered her situation. Michelle didn't have too long to think things over however, lifting her head from the steering wheel and spotting a horde of some hundred or so zombies making their way towards her from the North. Michelle now quickly moved over to the passenger seat and grabbed her hat and Peacemaker, taking the time to load up her last five rounds before shoving it into her holster and jumping out of the truck.

The horde was a few hundred yards down the road, so she had at least some time to plan before she'd be forced to make her move. With swamp water on either side of the road she was on the obvious choice at first would be to turn and head south, but that would only result in her running into the horde that had decimated her convoy not even an hour prior. Disheartened, Michelle opted to head over to the Little Tensas Bayou and see if crossing it would really be an option for her. Rounding the top of a small ridge, Michelle was somewhat relieved as she spotted an old and rotted dock that still had a floating airboat attached to it.

Michelle quickly ran down the ridge over to the dock at the edge of the bayou, taking several steps onto the dock before one plank snapped beneath her feet dropping her legs into the water. Luckily she managed to catch herself with her arms on the plank in front of her to keep her from completely dropping in. Grunting, Michelle gripped the end of the plank with her hand before using her elbow to prop herself up, getting herself up just high enough to swing her legs up onto the dock and get out of the water. Being much more cautious now, Michelle stepped forward on the rickety dock and towards the rust coated airboat.

Under any other circumstance Michelle wouldn't even consider stepping onto the vessel, but with the zombies now beginning to crest the ridge themselves she was left with little choice. Hopping into the boat she half expected the corroded metal to give out beneath her, but it didn't and once she cut the rope securing the airboat to the dock it immediately began to float downstream. With absolutely no control over her destination at this point Michelle could only watch as the current pulled her from the Little Tensas Bayou down to Bayou Sorrell, dragging her deeper and deeper into the swamp before running aground on the edge of the Atchafalaya River.

Sighing, Michelle stepped off of the airboat and began wandering the area of Bayou Chene relatively blindly, simply wanting to find a place to rest her head for the night before she found herself trapped in the open at night in the swamps.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:33 am

Here's the rewritten version of how Malorie got her scar in Lingering Nightmare. Me and Teddy worked on it for a couple minutes.

~~~~~

[Saturday, April 11th, 2026 – 8:49 AM]

The night was mostly uneventful; the group wasn’t given food or water, adding to the hunger and thirst they continuously faced after the Atlas crashed due to heavy rationing. The older and younger members of the group were especially affected. Teddy and the other people in his room pounded on the wall repeatedly, creating shifts so they would never get too tired. Bit by bit the cement sheet fell apart, until they finally broke through and exposed the drywall that led to the hallway. Before they could capitalize on the new development and escape, Wade returned to the room. The group had hidden the debris from their deconstruction inside the wall itself, between the two-by-fours.

“Everyone who I didn’t bring out yesterday, you’re coming with me now.” Wade said, pointing at Michelle, Teddy, and Malorie. He stepped into the doorway slightly, but the massive hole in the wall remained out of his sight, due to part of the wall that extended out and segmented off the kitchen area from the rest of the apartment. A gleaming machete with a wooden handle was hanging from a loop of leather on his belt in addition to his shotgun..

Malorie froze up the moment she was pointed at, she was well aware of what had happened to Roy. Teddy and Michelle stood up slowly together, with Malorie quickly getting up and making her way over to the two. Before they stepped forward Teddy said to Wade "Ask me what you wanna know and we can tell you right now, you can have what little information we have if it means you'll leave my daughter be. She doesn't deserve that-" Teddy motioned over to Roy's damaged hands.

"Or if you absolutely gotta mess one of us up to satisfy yourself, leave her here at least." Added Michelle. "Girls 12 she don't need to go through any of that."

“Get up and come with me.” Wade repeated, hefting his shotgun and ignoring what Michelle and Teddy said. The three group members complied with his order and exited the room, while Roy and Jhonny stayed behind. Wade also stopped at the other room and forced Church and Martin to follow him as well, leaving Ivy and Oshiro in the rooms. Wade led the group members into the shed; Edgar’s body was still lying on the ground, in the exact same state that it was in the day before. Bert was waiting in the room again, wielding his own shotgun.

“Here’s the deal,” Wade said. “I want to know every detail about where you people have been since you got here in your boat, and what the conditions were in those places. Do you understand?”

Malorie looked over at Edgars body, mild feelings of fear being overpowered by her disgust and anger at the sight. Teddy prepared to speak, intent on making sure Malorie and the others would avoid a torture like Roy’s, but Malorie beat him to it.

“I understand that you’re a damn coward!” Malorie blurted out emotionally to Wade. He looked at her coldly.
“How?” he asked. “Tell me something you didn’t yesterday.”
“Fine, here’s something we didn’t tell you yesterday, go **** yourself!” Malorie said, ignoring her father’s attempts at sushing her.
“This isn’t a **** joke! You aren’t in any position to talk like that - I’d advise you to shut your daughter up before I do it for you.” Wade said angrily. He was in an even worse mood than when he interrogated the others, and considering the fact that he killed several people, it wasn’t a good sign.

“Malorie-” Teddy began through gritted teeth, clearly frightened at the consequences Malorie may face.
“No!” Malorie yelled, looking at her father before back to Wade. “You killed my friends, I don’t care what you threaten me with, there’s no way I’m gonna let myself or anyone else tell you a thing you want to hear!”

“Malorie!” Church said. She could tell Wade was getting enraged; he put his shotgun down on the workbench and drew his machete menacingly. Bert tried to stop Wade by grabbing his shoulder, but he shrugged off his friend’s hand and took a step forward anyway.
“I’m not going to ask again!” Wade shouted. “I’m not in the mood for this ****, especially from some brat in a group like this!”

“Malorie, stop it now!” Teddy yelled, distress apparent on his face. Malorie however was pushed past the point of reason as she spotted Edgar’s body, her anger well boiled over to the point that the possible consequences carried no weight in her decision making. Without another word Malorie spit at Wade, wanting to show her lack of respect and disgust for him however she could.
Wade wiped the spit from his face with the back of his hand, grimacing as he did so. He took another step forward and raised the machete in the air, before bringing it down on Malorie in a quick slashing motion. The girl saw it coming and tried to move back, but the tip of the blade cut a wide gash in her face, from the top left side of her head down to her chin. It narrowly avoided slicing open her eye and nose, instead giving her a small slit on her eyelid. Her lips were also hit by the blade, cutting them open near the middle of her mouth.

“Wade, no!” Bert yelled. He rushed at Wade and pushed him away from Malorie before he could land any more blows. Wade recoiled from the blow, turning and looking at Bert wildly. Before he could do anything else, Bert used his shotgun to hit him in the face, dazing him but not knocking him out.
“Get off me!” Wade screamed, as Bert dropped his shotgun and grabbed him from behind. By wrenching his arm backward, Bert was able to force the machete out of his grip and onto the floor.
“No! You’ve gone too far this time!” Bert replied, struggling to lead Wade out of the shed. His work was made easier when Wad’e movements caused him to trip on Edgar’s body, forcing him off-balance and allowing Bert to move the scuffle outside.

Malorie instantly let out a blood curdling scream as the pain registered in her head, having never once received an injury remotely this agonizing or serious before. Teddy yelled out her name once it happened and very nearly charged Wade, only being stopped once Bert did it for him. With Wade occupied he and the others instead turned their attention to the injured girl, who was laying with the side of her head against the concrete floor, wailing from the hit she’d received.

“Oh God, oh no, no!” Teddy said frantically as he knelt next to Malorie, completely shocked at seeing her injured in such a way. Michelle and Martin also rushed to Malorie’s side, horrified looks present on their faces as well. Nobody knew what to do right away, with their hands still bound the aid they could offer Malorie was almost non existent. So instead the two of them began doing their very best to calm both Malorie and Teddy, not wanting him to get up in a fit of rage and get himself hurt or killed.

Church was caught off-guard by the attack, and after Bert forced Wade outside, she looked around the room in a state of shock. Aside from the obvious injured group member in the room, she noticed that both men left their shotguns unattended. Instead of crowding the air around Malorie, she stood up and ran to the workbench, where Wade’s shotgun was sitting. She began struggling to find a way to wield the weapon with her hands bound in front of her. It was fairly difficult, but she had the drive to do so regardless, feeling that something needed to be done.

“How bad is it?” she asked loudly.

“It.. It’s pretty bad!” Michelle answered shakily while looking down at Malorie, hating that she was powerless to do anything to aid the girl.

A few moments later, the door to the shed burst open and Bert returned. He was accompanied by a woman dressed in a T-shirt and cargo pants. She was carrying a small suitcase with her; a red cross made of colored duct tape was plastered on both sides, indicating it was for medical use.
“We ain’t gonna hurt any of you!” Bert said frantically. He noticed Church near Wade’s shotgun out of the corner of his eye, but he didn’t do anything about it. “I brought our medic! She can help!”

The woman approached Malorie and the people crowded around her; Michelle and Martin backed away, but Teddy refused to move from his daughter’s side.

“Do something!” Teddy yelled impatiently, as the medic set her things down to get to work, his emotions completely and totally overpowering him as he bared witness to his daughter’s suffering.
“I will!” the woman replied. She was visibly shaken at seeing how young Malorie was, but she remained calm and began to clean the wound, preparing it to be sutured shut. As she did so, Michelle came over to Teddy’s side, trying her best to calm and comfort him, although all of her words seemed to be ignored entirely.

With Malorie being looked after, Bert turned his attention to Church; she managed to get the weapon in a firable position, but she had her reservations about using it.
“Firing that gun now is not going to help her!” Bert told her, pointing at Malorie. “Wade isn’t here anymore, and we aren’t going to hurt you! You can put the gun down.”
“Do you see what happens, Bert?” Church asked, dropping the shotgun. She moved over to look at Malorie, although she stayed well out of the way. “Do you see what **** happens? Wade isn’t right in the head!” Bert remained silent; he quickly retrieved his own firearm from the floor, and he moved Wade’s weapons outside to prevent the group members from accessing them. He stood by the door while the medic tended to Malorie.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 am

"This post will be a pleasant surprise for Tyrud."
"Yeah."
He doesn't even notice

lol.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 am

I always see notice and read new posts in this section. Whether I respond or not is another story, though usually I respond when something confuses me or I think it should be changed, which isn't the case here. What was your reasoning behind changing the location of where Malorie receives her injury?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:00 am

Coins and I were discussing things we needed to change in LN, including adding more dialogue between certain characters, having Harmony and Malorie warm up to each other a lot more to give them both some much needed humanity, and while discussing that I brought up how Malorie was a bit more of a **** while Wade's prisoner than is characteristic for her. While considering how I could make her a bit more of a hardass I came up with this, and Coins agreed that he liked the idea of making an actual villain give Malorie the scar instead of random jobber #4. After all, it is a defining moment for her because that scar has effected several interactions of hers in big ways. (Stabbing the one kid with a pen, going further than she intended when **** up Todd and Charlotte resulting in her removal from Sydney.)

Also considering that now Wade has both hit Ivy and given Malorie her scar, he should consider himself the luckiest man on the planet to have died at Jhonny's hands the way he did lol.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:44 am

That makes plenty of sense to me. Good work.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Second part of Malorie's scar:

~~~

It took a few minutes to get Malorie stable and patched up, but once the medic finished doing what she could, Bert led the group members back to their apartment prison, with the exception of Church, who stayed behind for a few extra minutes so Wade could talk to her in private. He put Martin in the room with Ivy and Oshiro, and he returned Teddy, Michelle, and Malorie to the room where Jhonny and Roy were sitting on the floor, waiting for their friends to return. Te instant Malorie walked in the room, Jhonny and Roy both noticed her facial wound. It was so jarring that neither of them said anything immediately, but eventually Roy spoke up.
“What did they do?”

“Exactly what it looks like...” Michelle said quietly as she and the others entered the room. Malorie appeared to still be somewhat shocked, staring blankly ahead as she sat down in one of the rooms corners.
“She got pissed when she saw Edgar’s body and refused to answer Wade how he wanted.” Michelle explained. Teddy was pacing back and forth visibly enraged and in no mood for words.
“Then, after threatening her, she spit at him and Wade just...hacked at her with his blade, Bert stopped him before he could do anything else, brought in a medic to patch her up.”

“I...I couldn’t just let him g-get what he wanted,” Malorie muttered in the corner, just loud enough for the others to hear. “N-Not after what he did to you Roy, and Frederick a-and Edgar, and what he made Dad do to Boris.”
“What the ****,” Jhonny said angrily, getting to his feet. “We need to break out of here tonight. I don’t think any of us will live much longer if we stay in Wade’s **** grip.”

“Yeah, no ****,” Teddy growled angrily, stopping at one of the barred windows to look outside. After a moment he turned and crossed the room towards Malorie, stopping and dropping to one knee in front of her. “I’m sorry, sweetie...I..I failed you in that moment.”
“No.” Malorie said, looking into her father’s eyes. “There wasn’t m-much you could do, or you would have. If you did something else, you might have died.”
“She’s right, Ted,” Michelle said, walking over to them. “Don’t beat yourself up over something you had absolutely no control over, save it for them when we get out.”

Teddy was about to say something in response, stopping as Ivy yelling became audible from somewhere else in the apartment.

~

When Martin returned to the room, Ivy and Oshiro would tell something was wrong by the way he looked. Even Bert’s expression foretold something dreadful had occurred.

“What’s going on?” Ivy asked nervously, instantly getting a knot in her gut thanks to Church not returning with Martin.
“Ivy,” Martin said. “I-I don’t want you to freak out, okay?”
“What do you mean?” Ivy asked, standing up. “Where’s Church, what happened?”
“I think Church is fine; she’s still in the shed for some reason,” Martin explains, trying to think about how to word what he witnessed. “But...Malorie got hurt. Her face got cut up bad by their leader-”

Ivy and Oshiro didn’t say anything at first, with Ivy’s eyes growing wide and her breathing becoming much faster.
“What do you mean her face got cut up?” Ivy screamed out after a moment, quickly getting right up in Martin’s face as her emotions took hold of her. “Wh-Where is she now? Tell me exactly what **** happened!”
“We were put in the shed, and Wade asked us for any information we knew about - I don’t know, anything!” Martin said, taking a step away from Ivy. “Malorie mouthed off, and we tried to keep her quiet, but she didn’t listen...after he cut her, Bert stepped in and brought in a medic, so she’s not going to die or anything. I-I think she’s with the others in the other room.”

“That son of a **** ****!” Ivy screamed out, quickly making her way over to the door and kicking it several times. “I’ll wring your goddamn neck, you **** piece of ****!”
“Ivy-” Oshiro began, standing up to try calming her.
“I have one daughter out there somewhere going through hell, and now Malorie is hurt!” she said through her tears, turning and looking at Oshiro. “We have to do something, anything, because we can’t let this just keep going on! They won’t stop, if Wade doing that to a young girl didn’t convince the rest of his group that he’s gone too far, then nothing will!”

“I agree, but straining yourself beating on a reinforced door isn’t going to help right now.” Oshiro tried reasoning, keeping his tone calm. “We’ll wait until Church gets back here and then come up with something, but getting their attention by bashing on the door and screaming will only make things harder for us.”
Ivy was about to say something else, but ultimately she knew Oshiro was right and as her rage subsided it turned to sadness over knowing what had happened. She leaned forward and hugged Oshiro, crying onto his shoulder as the stress and emotion overwhelmed her.

Return to “All things Zombie”