General discussion on the C3O universe.

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
TheTeddyguy

Re: General discussion on the C3O universe.

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 am

Yeah and after that make sure you're done using the computer for an hour or so for the download and install lol.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:05 am

I'm impressed enough that I'll go ahead and download this. Probably gonna start downloading it and leave it doing that ove night.
Last edited by tyrud on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:05 am

tyrud wrote:You gotta make an account first, right?
1. Download on Steam
2. Download game client
3. Download game again
4. Create account
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:23 am

Any thoughts on the character models Tyrud? Like were they about what you expected each character to look like?

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 am

You guys have posted a good number of character models over time, and each one helps me visualize the characters to some extent. They've all been good, but the faces of the character models tend to fade away in my mind after a while. They don't really stick, but not because they are bad or inaccurate. For example, the Oshiro model gave me a clear picture to think about when reading his lines, given that before hand he had just always kind of been a blur. But eventually he'll revert back to a blur, just like all the characters tend to do.

Even my characters are the same way for me, but that's because when I read any kind of written material, I usually fail to visualize anything noteworthy, because I don't picture the characters as being physical people. Instead, I think of them in terms of their dialogue and in terms of their personalities and relationships with other characters. To me, they are sets of words and phrases. Since they aren't physically there in front of me, I don't really have enough imagination to put two and two together and combine these models with the actual characters and what they are saying. It's likely one of the reasons I have a hard time recreating my own characters using character creators. Since I'm thinking about their personalities and how they interact with others and what not, I only have a general idea of what they ought to look like, and thus I don't ever really think about really important or minute details like facial dimensions, which in real life set us apart from one another.

Still, I'm quite happy you guys put up these models. Even if the models don't stick, they help me better visualize characters, and sort of make the blurs saying the lines less blurry, if that makes sense. For example, thanks to your models, I now have more solid images of what Oshiro, Roy, Jhonny, and the twins ought to looks like, or rather do look like. Once I'm done with this, I'll try and do the same for some of my characters like Colin and Gerrit, but also for some of the Chronicles characters and even Dani and Lionel.
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 am

I like doing the character models because other than basic descriptions (Hair style, color and length. Height of the person and build) it's hard to put into words fine little facial details and what not. I tend to form a mental image of a character pretty quickly, sometimes I use real life people for that mental image (For example I always pictured Yric as looking something like Penn Jillette).
Originally Oshiro in my head was high expectations Asian father before I started doing more with his character lol. Brad was a supersized, meaner Johnny Klebitz from Gta4 in my head.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 am

Your lucky, I think. I focus a lot on dialogue rather than the form saying it, though when I can it will draw from people and characters I actually know to try and form a better picture in my head. I hardly ever really draw from real life. Only one or two characters, and these were pretty minor characters, i drew directly from real life to create. The majority were created from out of my head and where essentially inspirations rather than direct images, if that makes sense. Once again, because I focus on the dialogue and personality as the defining features, my characters tend to look like only something general in my mind.

Take Colin, for example. I knew straight off the bat exactly what I wanted his personality to be and how he was going to interact with others before I thought about what he should look like. He's a character built around a personality rathe than around his looks, though his plain looks in some ways do compliment who he's suppose to be, which is a forgettable run of the mill average joe.
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 am

Colin is one I never got a read on when it came to what he looked like, I always just pictured him as a generic dudebro in terms of looks kinda like a slightly younger Joel from TLoU.

And I don't think anyone has built a character around looks lol, that might work if we were making a comic book but since it's just written story the personality and characteristics of each individual are by far the most important parts. The only one I made the mistake of building what they looked like prior to their personality was Ivy and that was because I was a shitty writer lol.

I tend to be cooking up a mental image in every line I read though, of both the characters and their environment. Anytime I'm reading I almost always have google earth open on my TV so I can zoom in on specific points where our characters are and get an even clearer picture of it. If they're on a street then even better cause I can go into streetview and see it practically through their eyes (With obvious differences from near 15 years of no human habitation of the area)

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm

As soon as I figure out what Colin is supposed to look like, I'll make sure to post the model, haha.
(⌐■_■)

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 pm

I present to you, the Watsons

Image Image
(⌐■_■)

Return to “All things Zombie”