Lingering Nightmare (IC)

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Lingering Nightmare (IC)

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:02 am

“This isn’t the most elegant way of doin’ things, but we’ll see how it plays out,” Shaun commented, grinning inwardly. “I like to mess with the buggers a little instead of outright killin’ them. Usually it’s by sneakin’ in under their noses, but this works too.” The bound man gave him a venomous look, but he didn’t speak out for fear of igniting Teddy’s rage and potentially causing harm to his daughter.

“Now we play the waiting game,” Jhonny said. “Think they’ll listen?”
“Doubt it. Personally I’m expectin’ to see more than two unarmed men, especially since it looks like we've found a major settlement...definitely wasn't here last time I passed through.” Shaun replied.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:07 am

"If we see more than we asked for or less than we asked for, it won't end well for them." Teddy said before glancing back at the father and daughter. "Or you two."
"It won't end well for any of us, we've dealt with stacked odds before but an entire town is another story." Oshiro added.
"We'll manage. We always do." Malorie responded.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 am

[Wednesday, November 4th, 2026 - 5:53 PM]

"Anyone got a time?" Jhonny asked. The group was beginning to grow restless as they waited atop the hill with their hostages. They constantly had several people surveying the area around them for any movement in case the Badlanders tried surrounding them, however nothing had been spotted yet.
"Their hour is about up." Malorie said, looking at her watch before glancing back at their hostages. "Some cars and supplies must be worth more to them than you two."
"That's not true!" The girl said to Malorie as she began to tremble again. "Th-They'll come here I promise, just wait a little more please!"

"She's not lying." Ivy said, looking through the binoculars the girl had with her when the group captured her. "We have an SUV and a pickup coming our way from the town."
"Everyone get ready for anything." Teddy ordered. Harmony, Malorie, Mary and Church ducked behind various pieces of cover out of sight should things go south as the vehicles approached. The others stood behind their kneeling hostages with weapons raised to the backs of their heads while Teddy, Shaun and Oshiro stood at the front.

The vehicles pulled up and stopped a few dozen feet away from the group and their hostages. From what they could see, there were indeed only the two drivers much to Shaun's surprise.
"Out of the vehicles slowly." Teddy yelled over to the two drivers as he clutched his KSG. The two men stepped out slowly, their hands raised in the air.
"Everything you asked for is in there, plenty of food, water and fuel. Vehicles run just fine also." The driver of the truck said.

Teddy walked towards the vehicles, Shaun and Oshiro following close behind. In the bed of the pickup sat a fair chunk of bags and boxes containing various foods and bottled water, along with gasoline cans which Teddy checked to ensure actually had gas in them which they did.
"Everything you wanted." The SUV driver said angrily. "Now give us Bruce, like you said on the radio."
"Just a minute.." Shaun said, grabbing a water bottle out of the trucks bed. Nobody was certain as to what he was doing, but they didn't stop him either as he walked over to the truck driver. "Why don't you take a drink outta this? Ya look thirsty mate."

"Wh-What?" The driver asked, appearing confused but more nervous at the same time. "That's your water, it's what you people demanded!"
"Yeah but I'm in the mood for sharin', so come on take a drink." Shaun insisted, holding the bottle out to the man. "Just take a good gulp, then I'll hand your buddy over and we'll go on our merry way."

The driver started shaking and sweating heavily, he looked over at the driver of the other vehicle who was just as nerve wracked. Suddenly the two men both quickly tried to draw weapons they had concealed behind them, the man Shaun was close to quickly caught a throat slash from his machete while Oshiro decapitated the other driver, both before either man could fire a shot. Once he watched his two allies fall to the ground dead, Bruce shot his head backwards and struck Jhonny in his stomach, yelling for his daughter to run as he tried to himself only to quickly be tackled by Quintin and struck several times. His daughter made no attempt to run, she simply sobbed as her gaze remained fixed on one of the corpses.

"What the hell?" Malorie asked, stepping out from cover genuinely confused. Shaun quickly strode towards Quintin and Bruce with Teddy and Oshiro following.
"Let me see him." Shaun told Quintin who climbed off of the now bloodied hostage, Shaun quickly pinned him to the ground with a knee in his chest as he unscrewed the bottle cap before forcing Bruce's mouth open and making him choke down some of the water. The large man gagged and coughed for a few moments as Shaun pulled the bottle away and stood up before quickly going into violent convulsions, he did this for a few brief moments before stopping with a glazed over look in his eyes.

"Poisoned our **** water, with Cyanide by the looks of things." Shaun said with a sigh as the rest of the group looked on surprised. "I knew they had to be up to somethin' when they came up here like that."
"Well I'm glad you caught that." Malorie said, looking at Bruce's body as it shut down. "That's definitely pretty low on the list of ways I'd want to die."

"Well we don't have time to sit and think about it right now." Teddy said, picking up one of the bags holding the groups gear. "This shows they intend to let us pass through the town, as far as they know the deal is still going through so lets do this quick before they realize it's taking a little too long for their guys to get back."
"What about her?" Church asked, pointing to the teenage girl who was in the midst of a complete and total emotional breakdown as she now lay in the dirt sobbing to the point of having trouble breathing.
"We still need her in the vehicle to help make sure they don't fire on us as we pass by." Teddy said, grabbing the girl by one of her arms and trying to force her to her feet. She didn't fight back but she remained limp like a ragdoll, so Shaun came over and helped Teddy with bringing her to the SUV and throwing her in the front middle seat before the rest of the group quickly piled into the two vehicles with their things.

The group brought their vehicles onto Newman drive following the same path the drivers had taken to reach the top of the hill, on the streets were the resident Badlanders who gave looks of pure disdain and contempt for the group as they passed through their territory. This was the most hair raising part for the group, as they were now at their most vulnerable if the inhabitants of the town were to decide to open fire for whatever reason. A few intense minutes passed before the group was back out onto the Great Northern Highway, upon which they quickly sped up to put some safe distance between them and would be snipers.

The vehicles didn't stop for another four miles, coming to a halt at another bridge crossing over a mostly dried riverbed.
"Here's your stop kid." Teddy told the girl who had finally stopped crying. She was seated between him and Ivy in the front of the vehicle and her hands were still tied behind her back.
"I'll take her out there." Ivy said, opening her door and stepping out, the girl gave Teddy one last hateful glare before exiting the SUV.
"You think it's safe to let her go, dad?" Malorie asked. "She's going to want to kill us."
"I'm not excited about the idea, but every one of them are going to want us dead. They did before all of this just because we're outsiders, nothings changed. Her being alive won't change that one way or the other either."
"She was the only one who tried working with us." Mary commented. "I'm glad we're letting her go, even if she hates us."

-

"I wish things could have worked out better, we tried making this so there was no bloodshed." Ivy said to the girl as she walked a few feet away from the vehicles and started untying her.
"I was always told you outsiders were monsters and killers, I didn't believe it completely.. But I do now."
"Well I'm sorry, it was your people that forced our hands. It wouldn't have gone that way if they didn't.." Ivy stopped mid sentence, noticing some dust trails approaching in the distance. The girl noticed them too, she kicked backwards at Ivy striking her shin and forcing her way free to run for cover. Ivy nearly shot at the girl, but couldn't bring herself to put bullets in a fleeing teenagers back.

"Cars coming up fast, everyone get ready quick!" Ivy yelled out as she rushed back to the SUV to retrieve her AUG.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-23.359 ... m2!4m1!3e0
Last edited by TheTeddyguy on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 am

“We can’t fight them out in the open like this,” Shaun said, looking at the approaching vehicles in the distance. They were still roughly a mile away, but it was obvious that they were closing in fast, the Badlanders having discovered the group’s ruse. “Judging from the size of the settlement, there’s more of them and they’ll have better guns than normal. We gotta go!”

“Are you sure we can’t make a stand here?” Church asked.
“I doubt it.” Shaun replied, slightly worried. He wasn’t used to fighting high volumes of Badlanders at once; he was by himself most of the time, and it would’ve been a death sentence for him to encounter groups of more than three or four without an element of surprise.
“Then let’s get the **** out of here.” Jhonny said. Shaun revved the engine of the group’s new pickup truck, alerting everyone in the SUV that they were getting ready to leave instead of stand and fight. The message was understood, and as soon as Ivy safely got back into the SUV, both vehicles took off as fast as they could over the weather-beaten roads. However, by the time they reached a reasonable speed, the Badlanders were close enough for the group to visibly count how many vehicles were after them. Four different trucks and SUVs were tailing the group, each of them with a heavy metal bumper made of steel or iron, along with bars across the windshield and side windows; the group’s vehicles were unfortunately lacking such protection.

The potholes proved to be a major obstacle in the group’s escape, slowing them down so as to not damage the vehicle, while the Badlanders simply rocketed over them; they could get replacement cars and trucks at their settlement, but the group had to keep them going as long as possible. It was somewhat ingrained in their heads to go slower whenever the front end of their vehicle dipped and they were violently jerked around in their seats.
Within a few seconds the Badlanders were upon the fleeing vehicles, taking potshots at them from a few dozen yards away. Jhonny retaliated by firing an entire clip from his Sig Sauer at the lead truck, but his accuracy was off thanks to the bumpy ride and he only managed to hit the vehicle a few times, missing its occupants completely. As the vehicles got closer, more gunfire started to hit both opposing sides of the fight. One of the rear view mirrors of the SUV was shot off, and the back windshield of the truck was shattered by several lead pellets fired from a sawn-off shotgun. The group started driving slightly off-road on the red dirt that lined the highway; although it was on a slight angle that made turning difficult, the ground was smoother and allowed them to speed up and put a few extra feet between them and the pursuing Badlanders.

At one point, the lead Badlander truck stepped on the gas and started tailgating Shaun and his vehicle, hoping to get some good shots off at its occupants. However, they never got the chance; after yelling a quick warning, Shaun slammed on the brakes for a split second, resulting in a sudden rear-end collision. Shaun, being prepared for the hit, kept the truck straight and continued driving on the road, but the pursuing truck's driver lost control and spun out into a patch of dry bushes and trees, ripping the back bumper of the pickup truck off in the process.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 pm

"Well there goes one problem!" Malorie yelled out as the Badlander truck came to a stop.
"Three to go." Mary commented moments before a flurry of bullets was unleashed from the two lead trucks, one had a man standing in the bed firing some kind of assault rifle while the passengers of both vehicles let loose with submachine guns. Several dozen rounds ripped into the back of the truck, shredding some of the tainted water bottles and jugs in the process which potentially saved the occupants of Shaun's truck from harm.

"They're getting ripped apart back there." Oshiro said, looking back. "We should head over to the other side of the highway, try to draw some fire off of them and make them easier to deal with."
"On it." Teddy replied, suddenly shifting the SUV to the left and onto the road. Immediately the Badlander vehicles to the left and rear of the pack took notice and followed after Teddy's SUV leaving a single truck firing on Shaun's truck.

After a few moments on the bumpy road all three vehicles were on the grassy edge of the highway.
"Try and keep it steady for a bit." Ivy said, unbuckling her seat belt and retrieving her AUG.
"I'll see what I can do, you keep your head down when you need to."
With that Ivy climbed into the back seat, stepping between her daughters in order to climb into the rear of the SUV and not a moment too soon as bullets began pelting their vehicle. Ivy kept her head down up until several rounds shattered the rear window to the SUV, once the glass rained down on her cutting her in several spots on her arms and face she popped up ready to fire.

The two Badlander trucks were driving side by side with enough space between them for the occupants to reach their arms out and fire towards the groups SUV. Ivy quickly looked over both of the armored beasts, noting that one had armored plating over the drivers window with only tiny slits for vision while the other had very little protecting its operator. Resting her rifle on the rear hatch of the SUV for some stability she looked down the fading electronic scope and fired a flurry of shots at the unprotected driver striking him twice in the chest. The moment he was hit he unintentionally swerved the truck back onto the road, sending it careening all the way over to the other end of the highway narrowly missing the truck pursuing the other half of the group.

Ivy immediately shifted her fire back to the only remaining truck, trying to make nearly impossible shots through the slits on the armor. As most of her fire uselessly dinged off of it the Badlanders returned fire, with one unleashing a burst of SMG fire with one round hitting Ivy's pointing finger on her left hand severing it just above the knuckle. Ivy was instantly overwhelmed by pain, ducking back into the back of the SUV and clutching where her finger had been as she yelled out in agony.

"Ivy are you alright?!" Teddy called out upon hearing her yells.
"I'll be fine j-just my.... Agh they shot my **** finger off!" Ivy yelled back, prompting Malorie to unbuckle and climb into the back with her mother.
"Let me see your rifle mom!"
"You aren't sticking your head out there, I just need to-" Ivy started before being promptly cutoff by the Badlanders ramming the rear of the SUV, slamming Ivy and Malorie against the dented in door and knocking Ivy unconscious from the impact. With no time to spare once she recovered from the impact, Malorie retrieved her mothers rifle from the ground and set it against the door as Ivy had done before for balance. Malorie aimed for the grill of the vehicle in an attempt to damage or disable the engine, after letting loose the rest of the magazine into it a plume of white smoke came shooting up.

"Yeah, have fun walking back assholes!" Malorie jeered for a moment before realizing the truck was accelerating one more time. Quickly she dropped the AUG and moved to draw her Walther P-38, but before she could get a shot off several rounds from Badlander guns ripped through the unarmored metal of the SUV and struck Malorie in the torso. Her vest saved her from any real injury, but the impact from the shots still carried enough force to knock her back. A moment later the armored truck rammed into the back of the SUV once more, this time busting the rear door open dumping out any supplies that weren't strapped down which included everything but the fuel cans.

Ivy's unconscious body started rolling towards the rear of the SUV as it jerked back and forth at relatively high speeds, with Malorie narrowly grabbing hold of her mothers bleeding hand in the process attempting to keep her aboard the vehicle. She managed just barely to keep Ivy safe from falling out as the Badlander truck faded in the distance, disabled by the last ram it performed.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:29 am

With only the one truck still pursuing Shaun's vehicle Teddy pulled the SUV back to the other side of the road to assist with disabling the final armored truck. The man in the bed of the Badlanders truck quickly spotted the approaching SUV and began putting in some fire at the vehicle from the side. As bullets began impacting their 4Runner Oshiro grabbed Mary to shield her, likely saving her life as several tumbling bullets impacted against his armor.

As Teddy got onto the other end of the road and behind the Badlander truck he sped up and hit the rear bumper of the vehicle with the intent of knocking the gunman in the bed off balance, which worked. With the gunman not being a threat for the moment Teddy seized the opportunity to roll down his window and draw his revolver, hoping to get a few lucky shots into the cab of the truck thanks to minimal armor at the rear of it. As he went to fire the first round the 4Runner hit a sizable bump that caused him to miss wildly, before he could recover from the heavy recoil and aim once again the gunner in the back of the Badlander truck popped up with a Molotov Cocktail in his hand, tossing it and ducking back down before Teddy could react.

The Molotov smashed against the hood of the SUV, however thanks to the speed of the vehicle the fiery mixture inside spread mostly over the windshield on the passenger side.
"Buckle up and brace yourselves!" Teddy yelled back to Oshiro and Mary, still unaware of the situation at the back of the vehicle. Oshiro however looked back to check on Malorie and Ivy, upon seeing their predicament he reached to the back of the vehicle and got Malorie's attention. Upon seeing Oshiro reaching Malorie mustered the strength to lift her unconscious mother into his grasp, allowing Oshiro to pull her over into the back seat to relative safety followed by Malorie.

As Oshiro pulled Ivy and Malorie to relative safety, Teddy pushed the pedal to the floor in an attempt to pull up next to the Badlander truck. He was well aware the 4Runner was more or less doomed the moment it was set on fire, so he sought to try taking out the truck with the last bit of life his vehicle had. Ignoring the unbearable heat being brought about by the fire, he managed to get the SUV up next to the trucks rear quarter. The gunner in the rear of the truck noticed this and brought his rifle up to fire on Teddy, however a vigilant Malorie saw the attack coming moments after she buckled herself in and fired several bullets from her Walther into the gunner causing him to spray rounds into the air as his body collapsed in the bed.

With that threat eliminated Teddy wasted no time in hitting the truck with a PIT maneuver, causing his target to quickly lose control and spin out on the torn up road. The truck had so much speed that it went clear to the other end of the highway and smashed straight through a truckers rest stop. With the threat out of the way for the moment Teddy stopped the 4Runner to evacuate it as the flames spread over the hood and roof. Quickly he and everyone else in the vehicle began piling out of their burning SUV, Teddy's heart started sinking once he spotted the state Ivy was in.

"She's alive." Malorie said upon seeing her fathers face as Ivy was laid out in the dirt. Mary meanwhile quickly got to work bandaging where Ivy's finger had been, wanting to be sure she didn't lose too much blood. Teddy nodded in response, remembering fuel was in the back of the SUV he rushed to save the precious resource and prevent it from exploding. Luckily fire hadn't reached the back yet allowing him to safely unstrap and retrieve the three fuel canisters. As Teddy rushed back to where his family and Oshiro were he noticed some movement in the building the Badlanders had crashed into, while simultaneously Malorie noticed a cloud of dust approaching belonging to the truck who'd had its driver slain by Ivy.

"Another truck is coming back!" Malorie yelled out as she began reloading her Walther. As she did this Shaun brought the truck back around to check on the other half of the group.
"What now?" He asked, looking at the burning vehicle.
"There's another truck coming and there are still people alive in that store from the one we just made crash!" Teddy explained hurriedly. "You go handle the people in the store, we'll manage the truck!"

With that Shaun drove to engage the Badlanders in the convenient store as Teddy and the others prepared for the imminent combat. Teddy rushed to Ivy who'd just finished having her wound bandaged up by Mary, she was already beginning to bleed through the hastily applied bandages but for the moment it was far better than nothing.

"You hide with your mother over here." Teddy ordered Mary as she followed him to a set of brown bushes off the side of the road. Once Teddy set her down he retrieved Ivy's M1911 from its holster and passed it to Mary. "You stay here, keep yourself and your mother safe if anyone gets too close but try not to draw attention to yourself, alright?"
"I-I can do that." Mary responded, chambering the first bullet.
"I know you can." Teddy said before heading back out onto the road.

The group members moved up a few yards down the highway and took cover behind a rusted wreck towards the dusted over entrance to the rest stops parking lot. Malorie was using Ivy's AUG while Teddy brought his KSG to bear with slugs ready to go. Oshiro meanwhile held Teddy's revolver, understanding the need for more firepower than his Yumi could possibly manage at the moment. Within a few moments the Badlander truck came barreling around the curve in the road at around 60 miles an hour, its mighty engines roar being cut out only by the sound of the trios gunfire. Several dozen rounds impacted against the truck, however none of them had any serious effect other than making the driver swerve the truck from side to side slightly in an effort to avoid letting the group zero in and shoot him.

Before long the trio realized the truck was getting too close for them to have any chance of stopping it before it could reach them, and with it coming straight for their cover they had little time to react.

"Get off the road now!" Teddy yelled, grabbing Malorie by her wrist to ensure she kept up with him as he and Oshiro fled from the wrecked car. They narrowly escaped as the Badlander truck barreled into their former cover, violently crushing over it as if it were a mere bump in the road.
"Over the fence and into that housing development, it should give us some respite to plan our next move!" Oshiro yelled as the three of them rapidly approached the fences surrounding the decaying complex.

Teddy and Malorie reached the fence first and Teddy didn't waste a moment in ushering his daughter over the fence before starting to climb it himself, as he reached the top of the fence he saw the truck had turned around and was coming to hunt them down.
"Oshiro, hurry!" Teddy yelled out.
"I'll be fine, get yourself and Malorie inside!" Oshiro yelled back as he ran to the fence, with Teddy doing as he said.

Moments later Oshiro reached the fence and started clambering over it as quickly as he could manage, however once he reached the top of the fence and was about to drop over to the other side the truck caught up to him with the driver targeting the section of fence Oshiro was currently on top of. The section of fence was immediately uprooted from the dirt and gave little resistance to the powerful vehicle. Being at the top of the fence turned out to be advantageous to Oshiro in a way, with the fence being a tad bit higher than the truck it allowed him to roll over the roof and land in the bed without taking too much of an impact himself.

Once Oshiro came crashing into the bed his body struck a man who was stood in the bed, knocking him down as Oshiro came to a stop once his back hit the tailgate of the truck. Oshiro grunted in pain as the truck came to a stop, the strenuous fighting taking its toll on his old bones. As he began to sit up the man in the bed of the truck with him raised a pistol at him, firing one shot that glanced off the angled side of Oshiro's helmet. Before he could fire again Oshiro's lightning quick reflexes took hold and a slash of his katana struck the back of his pistol wielding hand, effectively splitting it between his middle and ring fingers all the way up to the wrist. There was a moment of screaming before Oshiro delivered a fatal follow up slash with his katana to his adversaries throat, with Oshiro quickly noticing that one of the passengers in the back had spotted him.

Before the woman who saw him cold do anything about it Oshiro thrust his blade straight through the glass and into her forehead, as he yanked back to retrieve his blade her skull smashed the rear windshield and the other passengers began to panic and yell causing the driver to slam on the brakes. Oshiro had no chance to brace himself and as a result was sent smashing into the back of the truck before tumbling over the side of the bed and into the dirt below with a few busted ribs as a result. Just as the occupants of the truck began to open their doors to exit Malorie and Teddy unleashed a storm of fire at the cab of the Badlander vehicle, intent on finishing off their adversaries before they could do the same to Oshiro.

After several seconds of sustained fire movement in the truck cab had ceased, allowing Malorie and Teddy to run out to Oshiro who was struggling to climb to his feet and catch his breath.
"You should go make sure mom and Mary are safe and help out Jhonny and everyone else if they need it." Malorie said once they reached Oshiro, deeming the situation in the housing complex to be under control.
"Will do." Teddy said, giving Oshiro a slightly worried look before heading off.

"Are you alright, think you have anything broken?" Malorie asked Oshiro with genuine concern.
"Yes.. I'm fine-" Oshiro started saying as he looked up before stopping abruptly, grabbing Malorie by her arm with his left hand and forcing her aside before rising and swinging his katana at a burning Molotov as it came in at him out of instinct. His aim was precise, striking the Molotov dead on and shattering the bottle, however the flame on the end of it still ignited the fuel inside as it spread out. Oshiro was engulfed in flames on the front of his armor by the burst cocktail, engulfing most of his chest and face mask. Oshiro yelled out in agony as the flames melted his resin mask to his face, overwhelming him with pain as he collapsed to the ground. His attacker, a woman who'd apparently ducked and avoided the gunfire moments ago, quickly tried retreating back once she realized Malorie was still alive and armed but she didn't make it far as a bullet from Michelle's revolver fired by Malorie dropped her.

Malorie, distraught and panicking, immediately moved to try and put out the flames on Oshiro, however once she tried turning him over she realized his yells had stopped and that he was still, all life having left his body as the flames suffocated and burned him.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 am

Shaun stopped the truck just outside the convenience store. The Badlander vehicle had plowed straight through a brick wall, leaving a small pile of rubble while the truck itself was still sticking halfway outside the building. With the only visible entrances heavily boarded up, Shaun approached the truck, followed closely by Quintin and Harmony; Jhonny and Church went out around the back of the building to see if they could find another entrance.

The truck created a sizable hole in the wall when its momentum carried it into the rest stop. There was a gap just big enough to fit through on each side of the truck, and when Shaun looked inside he could barely see because the cloud of dust that had been kicked up by the crash had yet to settle. He squeezed himself through the gap, as did Quintin and Harmony; Quintin had his shotgun ready in his hands, while Harmony opted to use her sword. Shaun held up his hand, listening for movement. As the dust began to clear, the interior of the stop was revealed. The truck appeared to have hit the bathroom area, and several porcelain toilets laid demolished on the ground nearby, along with the dividing walls between what used to be stalls. The tile floor was strewn with rubble, and the bathroom door had been recently forced open by somebody, presumably a Badlander who survived the crash. Peeking outside through the door, Shaun quickly scanned the area to make sure nobody was directly in the vicinity. There was a short hallway leading from the bathrooms to the rest of the building, so the three group members slowly moved into it and prepared to encounter whoever was inside the building. Inside the hallway, a small sign reading “Staff” was bolted to the wall, along with instructions for employees to always wash their hands.

Several footsteps and a loud crack could be heard from around the corner. Shaun poked his head around and saw three Badlanders, two men and one woman, finishing off a pair of zombies that had been locked inside the store. They were all garbed in loose-fitting clothing, and one of the men was wearing what appeared to be a suit of leather armor. His legs and arms were supplemented with thin metal guards, molded to specifically fit his limbs, while he was wearing the skin of what appeared to be a domesticated dog on his head as a hood to protect him from the sun. The other man and woman didn’t have such attire, but instead they both had bulletproof vests labeled “POLICE” in big white letters. The man had a large bush knife, while the woman was carrying a police baton and a 9mm pistol. The room they were standing in appeared to the kitchen for the connecting stop; several old dishwashers and metal tables were positioned all over the room in odd location, probably due to previous looters.

“That’s it in here,” the leather-suited man said, hefting the three-pound sledgehammer he used to kill the pair of zombies. “Somebody go check the truck to make sure those people didn’t sneak in through the hole. If we hide out here for a few minutes, we might get the chance to surprise ‘em.”

The second man obeyed, moving back towards the bathroom to keep watch. When he rounded the corner, Shaun grabbed the arm wielding the knife and wrenched it backward, the action made easier by the man’s lowered guard. Using his other hand, Shaun quickly fired all three remaining bullets from his revolver into the man’s torso, shoving the barrel just underneath the bulletproof vest and angling it upward. With one target down and the other two not appearing to have firearms, the three group members rushed the kitchen.

The woman and leather-suited man dove for cover behind an overturned table after hearing the shots. Shaun and Harmony started to approach them from the left while Quintin kept their enemies’ heads down by firing shotgun slugs at them, the projectiles bouncing off the flat surface of the table but otherwise causing no damage.
The woman crouched down and managed to whack Shaun’s ankle with her baton as he approached with his machete, sending him to the ground. He would’ve been killed on the spot if Harmony didn’t prevent the man from swinging his sledgehammer; she used her sword to deflect the blow just right of Shaun’s head and neck. After a quick recover, Shaun stabbed at the man with his machete, the tip of the blade penetrating his armor rather easily and sliding through his side. The Badlander yelled in pain, but he was able to pull himself off the blade and back away, the blow not doing any major internal damage. However, in the process of moving back, he exposed his head to Quintin, who took advantage of the man’s brief moment of carelessness and fired a slug, killing the man instantly and splattering the wall behind him with gore.

The surviving Badlander, realizing her chances of survival, rushed Shaun and Harmony. She unprofessionally threw her baton at Shaun, hitting him in the head as she ran by and preventing him from killing her on the spot. In the same movement, she bent down and picked up her fallen ally’s hammer, dodging both a bullet from Quintin and a sweeping neck-level slash from Harmony’s sword. The woman burst through a door leading out of the kitchen, and Harmony quickly followed. She chased the Badlander through the rest stop until they burst out into the open air, on the opposite side of the building where the truck crashed. Harmony managed to catch up to the woman and tackled her, sending them both tumbling to the cracked pavement. They grabbled briefly, but Harmony eventually got the upper hand and sat on the woman’s chest after striking the woman on the forehead with the hilt of her sword. Gripping her weapon with both hands, she made several violent, overhead blows to the woman’s left arm, which was holding the sledgehammer, severing it completely with a spray of blood. The woman screamed in agony, but her pain was short-lived; Harmony finished her off by shoving her sword underneath her chin and into her brain, killing her quickly.

“Are you done yet?” a voice asked. Harmony looked up and saw Jhonny standing a few meters away with Church right behind him; they had circled the building unsuccessfully looking for an entrance and came upon Harmony right when she finished killing the woman.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Harmony said, getting to her feet. She retrieved and sheathed her sword, and then she used the collar of her shirt to wipe the accumulated blood from her mouth area and her glasses. Shaun and Quintin approached seconds later, both of them quickly noticing the woman and her brutalized limb.
“I was about to ask if you got her. Jesus.” Shaun said.
"Well, she did," Quintin said, turning to go back through the building. "Let's go meet up with everyone else."

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:00 am

Teddy approached where he'd left Mary and Ivy on the side of the road, he was pleasantly surprised to see Ivy was sitting up and adding bandages to her wound.
"Thank god you're up and alright." Teddy said. "Are you fit to move?"
"Yeah." Ivy said, a pained grimace on her face as she climbed to her feet. "I can fight too, where are the assholes?"
"Only ones who are left are being dealt with by Church and the others." Teddy responded. "Lets go see if they need any help."

The family emerged from cover and moments later saw the other half of the group walking away from the rest stop. The two halves of the group met up on the road and went to the housing complex where Malorie and Oshiro had been left.
"Everything alr-" Teddy started to ask as he rounded the corner before spotting Oshiro's smoking corpse with Malorie kneeling next to it. She'd turned him over to try and revive him, but realized there was no hope once she saw how his mask had melted over his face.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:23 am

"God, not Oshiro too." Church said, lowering her weapon. It was extremely hard to look at his body, especially after how close the two of them were due to being captains of boats while the Atlas and the rest of the fleet still existed. As their group became smaller, each consecutive death started to hit harder and harder to home.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:38 am

Mary started crying soon after seeing his body, he was a friend who always knew what to say when she was feeling down or unsure about something, along with him being the only one left in the group that she felt held the same morals as her. His death hurt her nearly as much as Cora's death had.

"He saved me.." Malorie said, choked up. "I would have been set on fire instead b-but he pushed me out of the way.."
"Christ, why'd this have to happen to him?" Ivy asked to nobody in particular.
"We should bury him, or at least move his body out of the elements." Teddy said to the group, approaching Oshiro's corpse and dropping to one knee next to Malorie. He was hit hard by Oshiro's death as well, the loss of another one of his closest friends was a hard thing to stomach.
"If you're gonna do a burial then make it quick." Shaun said. "Or we'll be needing more graves if the Badlanders send more down this way. I'll get to looting their bodies and the truck."

With that the group got to burying Oshiro, using two shovels one that was in the bed of the Badlander truck and one laying outside of one of the houses. Teddy and Jhonny dug out most of the grave before Jhonny was hit with an asthma attack prompting Church to step in and help Teddy finish the job. Once they were satisfied with the depth of the grave Oshiro was brought over to it by Teddy and Quintin and gently lowered in.

"Anyone have anything they'd like to say?" Teddy asked after lowering Oshiro's katana into the grave.
"Thank you for saving Malorie." Ivy said, stepping up to the grave and looking into it. "You've always been a good friend, even in your final moments. I owe you the world cause you saved part of mine, I'm sorry this happened to you.. Rest easy."

Return to “All things Zombie”