7 Days to Die

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Smerg

Re: 7 Days to Die

Postby Smerg » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Day 44. Been looting the west section of this city for about three days.

Seriously considering finding a good, defensible multi-story building and just destroying the first and second floor staircase. Surviving in a city is surprisingly easy when you're on the third floor of a building and above. Even the day 42 horde was as simple to survive as finding a spot to hide on the fifth story of an office building and waiting it out until about the early afternoon of Day 43, at which point the horde had stopped spawning and the infected already present had dispersed well enough to be mopped up with about fifty to a hundred bolts. The only downside is that life in the city has me mopping up a small horde in fresh-spawned zombies every morning, but after about dispatching the ten or twenty zeds I run into of a morning it's a fairly peaceful place.

Though I do get way more zombie bears and definintely way more zombie dogs then I'd like.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:34 pm

I think the cities are too dangerous to set up a permanent home there, but I could understand spending a night or two just looting the place into a husk before returning home to the wasteland.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 pm

I haven't been here longer then three or four days, so that could be true. In the day or so since I made that post I decided I really wanna see how strong I can make the walls of my original bastion with the loot I've gathered anyway, tho, so I'm definintely heading back some time soon. Definitely gonna set up a home-away-from home here at the least.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:19 pm

So the Alpha 15 update provided a major overhaul to how the landscape is constructed, if anyone who didnt already know is curious.

There were some side effects of the new Alpha 15 landscape generation, however, felt on Pre-Alpha 15 worlds, such as ghost mountains appearing on the horizon

And for some reason about twenty maple trees sprouted into existence inside of my desert home.

So safe to say I started a new world, and let me tell you, the new Alpha 15 worlds are looking pretty snazzy.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:56 pm

I'll have to find a new graveyard. I really liked that free metal and concrete base on day 1.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:26 am

Seeing Coins posted in All Things Zombie then seeing it was in this thread is one of the most extreme anticlimaxes.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:39 am

haha yeah sorry 'bout bringing this one back up from the dead I just wanted to share

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:03 am

When you join a PVP server and find out it's day 2498, so you risk sneaking by established three-story concrete-reinforced bases in former governor's mansions with veteran level 200 survivors guarding them so you can search the bombed-out husk next door for a toilet to drink from so you don't die of dehydration

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

This **** server is pretty awesome. It actually feels like I'm in a wasteland years and years after the start of the apocalypse. The wilderness is riddled with small bases and camps, almost all of which have been broken into, stripped by hundreds of wandering survivors over the course of months, and then abandoned. Then, once you get to the cities, essentially every building bares the scars of battle and fortification. Walls have been barricaded, destroyed, rebuilt, damaged, patched, broken through, and jury-rigged back together over and over again, so each house is a patchwork of bullshit telling a tale of the scavengers who slept there one night and weathered a horde. The shops and stores are even worse off; since people only go there to loot and no one bothers to rebuild the walls since they don't live there, the structures and interiors just erode away block by block from zombies and people breaking in.

Since I'm such a **** nubscrub, I hedged my bets on surviving by creating a rathole of a camp in the rafters of a beat-up garage. I haven't even put down a land claim block, because its presence in the middle of nowhere would draw attention to my little hidey-hole, lol. I've only seen one person so far, and they beat me to death, but that was before I had guns.

Just look at this **** clip of me running through the town. It's an abandoned **** warzone and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzsWIJlmhC0

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Good stuff @that video, coins. I really dig the "lived-in" vibe of an old server in a game like 7 Days. Like, I know Minecraft's a different cup of tea, but that was a big thing I loved about the multiplayer servers that had any aspect of PvP in them, like a Dark Souls vibe instead of 7DTD's wasteland feel, wandering the wilderness of a Minecraft server would have me coming across these massive ruined castles far off from the server spawns and I loved exploring 'em with the knowledge a player or group of players actually built and briefly occupied it.

I haven't dabbled too much in 7 Day's multiplayer though, but I've watched my friends and it's always been preddy great. Buddy of mine stabbed a dude to death over some blue berries he was so hungry. Crazy **** :/

Return to “All things Zombie”