Class 3 Outbreak 2: Endless Seas (OOC)

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Class 3 Outbreak 2: Endless Seas (OOC)

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:25 am

tyrud wrote:I also like the simple 1-2 sentence posts in rapid succession. Haven't seen those in a while.
HMMM

Also, emotional scenes make it like The Walking Dead? I assumed emotions were a universal human experience, but okay, lol.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 am

coinsruledude wrote:Also, emotional scenes make it like The Walking Dead? I assumed emotions were a universal human experience, but okay, lol.

I didn't mean parallels like you were copying them. I meant parallels as in similar things are going on in both things, but I'm glad you misunderstood me there.

Anyway, I like the idea of the two girls getting lost somewhere in the future. Do you think they'll encounter anyone?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 am

Of all the moments in the C3O universe, I feel this one would be the coolest piece of art if we could get some talented artist to draw it.

TheTeddyguy wrote: Chelsea was about to argue, but before she could the Calypso did the arguing for her. A massive noise of steel and other materials buckling sounded over the massive storm, yells, screams and gunshots and before anyone could do anything they found the ship suddenly lurching forward so violently that the zombies and people began losing their footing completely and sliding towards the bow of the ship.

Thinking quickly Oshiro unsheathed his katana and plunged it into the wooden deck, holding onto it with one hand he reached out with the other and grabbed Chelsea's arm with Chelsea in turn grabbing Troy. The Calypso angled at a sharp 30 degrees for a few moments before straightening out again

Just imagine it, Oshiro in his dark samurai armor with his katana embedded in the deck for something to hold onto as Chelsea and Troy dangle from his other hands grip. Zombies and people sliding past them with no control towards an imminent death all while a massive snow storm is raging and several fog lights illuminate the scene.

God damn I want to hire an artist to make something out of that one moment lol.

Also Tyrud they probably won't be meeting any humans, if they see any they don't recognize they will stay well out of their way for reasons. Just ordinary survival along with roaming zombies is going to be their big problems seeing as how Cora's an 8 year old with the self defense capabilities of a plant and Mary is a book smart kind of girly girl with very basic survival skills taught by her parents (More was taught, most of it didn't sink in as it didn't interest her as much as more academic pursuits).

And to your earlier post I'd love to see the adventures of Colin and Gerrit, awesome characters.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 pm

It would be great artwork. In fact, there are numerous events throughout the whole series which I think are art worthy, but we can discuss that elsewhere.

As for Colin and Gerrit, I'll try to get started on them as soon as I figure out what it is I want to do with their arc, and how I want to do it. I only asked about whether or not they would be meeting people because I was thinking they could encounter Colin 15 years later. He'd just help the two out, get them close to the camp and then disappear. Kinda like a ghost or a figment of the girl's imagination, but actually real.

Of course, I'd only do this if I was absolutely sure. And I mean absolutely sure I could be on consistently the entire time period it was going on. I left because I didn't want to burden or slow you guys down, and I'm not about to pull bullshit like that again.
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 pm

I don't see why Colin would just wander off after finding what was his closest friends and allies for three years. I'd be up for the idea if it wasn't for that and the fact that I want that to be a part where Mary and Cora are REALLY struggling. There are other reasons that wouldn't work, but coins and I are keeping a seal on certain aspects of the story further down the road for the sake of some actual surprise for the readers (In other words, you)

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Like I said, it's all theoretical really. Thus why I ask. I still haven't decided what the arc for Colin and Gerrit is going to be, and I want to get a few questions answered so I can plan accordingly.

I'm definitely not going to give the two an easy ending like that. That's too boring for a character like Colin. He can no longer really be in a stable environment. He never liked being a stable environment. He's always gotta look for something new, for something to drive him. He's a good character because him going on an adventure and just drifting doesn't need to make sense. It's who he is really. As for Gerrit, well I still have yet to figure out what I'm going to do with him.

As for the girls, I can understand what you're going for and I'd honestly prefer the surprise at this point. You don;t get that very often with RPs for obvious reasons. Colin wasn't necessarily going to baby them, but if you want to go for zero help, that's cool too.
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:50 pm

The other issue is one that's popped up several times and that's people finding other people they know (Whether they love or hate them) despite the chances. Teddy and Alyssa, Jeff finding the remnants of the group Matt was with ect. It'd be crazy odds for Colin to stumble upon the girls wandering about in the forests of Georgia lol.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I mean it, could happen. It wouldn't take him 15 years to go from the Northwest to the deep South, but once again if you think it suits the story better if it doesn't happen then I'm cool with that too.
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 pm

I'd like to hear what Coins has to say before we make a final choice.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

TheTeddyguy wrote:The other issue is one that's popped up several times and that's people finding other people they know (Whether they love or hate them) despite the chances. Teddy and Alyssa, Jeff finding the remnants of the group Matt was with ect. It'd be crazy odds for Colin to stumble upon the girls wandering about in the forests of Georgia lol.
None of our run-ins have been far-fetched, at least in my opinion. There's always been a significant story and believable explanation of how they occurred, like when Jeff inadvertently reunited with Jhonny after joining the Last Judgment, or when Alyssa ran into the fleet after her group took control of the only canal leading from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

I don't really care if Colin makes an appearance, but tyrud needs to have a story to back up why he's just wandering around Georgia, or else it will be unbelievable.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Return to “All things Zombie”