Bay City: A Short Story by Coins

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Bay City: A Short Story by Coins

Postby coinsruledude » Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am

It'll be more of an alien disease instead of aliens themselves turning people into zombies.

EDIT: I've been writing a new intro. I probably won't be saying much else about this until it's done, but just know I really like this new idea, lol.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:36 am

*revised Bay City intro w/ monsters instead of zombies*
Last edited by coinsruledude on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:58 am

I didn't read the original Bay City because you and I weren't on good terms when you wrote and it wasn't part of the C3O universe lol, but this is pretty good so far.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:21 pm

I think the changes are great. The new mutants are damn well freaky, and I like the sci-fi sort of element. It reminds me of Smerg's sci-fi story, and I liked that one a lot.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:57 pm

I was going for less zombies/more sci-fi, so that's good to hear.
The edited version will contain many of the same characters and locations, but the tone of the story will change and events will differ. Also, the ending won't be so shitty.

This will definitely be done before C3O is anywhere near complete, so I could use it to test the waters for self-publishing an ebook/book in general.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 am

While I was writing the new version of Bay City, I tossed in a reference to the infected from Smerg's sci-fi short because why not. There's no fist-sized parasites exploding from its chest, and no hive-mind-witch-thing, but it's close enough.
Last edited by coinsruledude on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:12 am

For anybody wondering how progress is going, I basically have the rest of the story planned out. All I need to do is write the ending, go through a few times to proofread, and then publish this **** (I'll probably change the title too). My guess is it'll be roughly 30,000 words, but I really like how it turned out despite being relatively short. Here's a short description of the book for the inside of the cover or something for a spoiler-free sneak-peak:

"Humans have pondered their origins for millennia, and many of us claim to know the answers to such outlandish, complex questions. Regardless of the nature of our existence, a more taboo subject is often trivialized and pushed away due to its eeriness, despite its relevance: our end. How would you react if the human species itself -- not just society -- began collapsing around you?
Lyle Johnson, a seasoned police officer from central Michigan, is faced with this reality when the world’s population is decimated in a very short period of time; an insignificant number of people were spared the gruesome deaths and unimaginable suffering accompanying the collapse. Lyle and a collection of allies have been left to flounder in a world without utilities, order, or security, and the people they once lived by, cared for, and worked alongside have been eliminated, replaced with behemoths that will stop at nothing to eradicate them."

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:18 am

For some reason all I could think of and hear during the first part of the description was the Berserk intro's narrator lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ThPAW5sd0

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:02 am

I spent a little time exploring Lulu's publishing system tonight (I published a test version of Bay City and it seems to work for now), so all that's holding me back from being a (self) published author is finishing the damn book and figuring out payment options, lol. It's actually pretty exciting knowing I'm close to selling a book. There was one moment in particular when I was writing a sample copyright page, and when I typed my name after "Copyright © 2015 by", I was like

Also, I've removed all versions of Bay City from the forums, because **** that old **** amirite.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm against removing old stuff from the forums for nostalgia reasons, but I'm also the kinda guy who has texts from October of 2011 still in his sim card soo, lol.

But that's cool, also good to know it's not a headache. What were the options for multiple authors?

Return to “All things Zombie”