The Worst Zombie Movie Ever Made

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Smerg

Re: The Worst Zombie Movie Ever Made

Postby Smerg » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Anyone ever see the Quarantine movies?

I saw the first one when I was at an age too young to respect subtly or story, so I cant remember if it was any good, but so far the 2nd ones pretty good.

To those who haven't seen it: The first (and second, they take place at the same time) are about two different places where a zombie Infection occurs.

The virus isn't even that far fetched. Its a strain of rabies that they tweaked to make the effects stronger and faster. Within hours the Infected 'turns' rather then in weeks with normal Rabies infected. Paranoia, frustration and anxiety (The effects of actual rabies) occur at a much faster and stronger pace, rendering the Infected into a beserking savage within an hour after its 'turned'. Its virtually the American-version of 28 Days later, and if they had just called it "America: 28 Days" I would believe them, because the two viruses are the exact same. 'Cept in Quarantine it gestates in hours, unlike in Days/Weeks where it gestates in seconds.

In the movies the Government already knows about the Infection, because, as the name implies, both movies are about how the Government successfully (Well, I haven't completed the 2nd one yet, I'm watching it as I type this but I can only guess its successful, cus I reached a scene where about a hundred police cars surround the Airport Terminal where they are trapped.) Quarantines the Infection zones. They are pretty good films.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:54 am

I never understood those films when I was younger, lol. I thought they were horror films, though now that you are describing them, they seem pretty non-scary for the most part.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 am

Well, they rely on dark environments and shaky cameras to have Infected pop-up onto the screen in a horror-esque way, but when it comes down to it, they're just very frantic versions of 28 Days later.

I finished the second one, and it is pretty good. The only thing they do bad is that around the ending of the film they gave the Infected odd, behaviors that had nothing to do with the plot, story, or even how the virus should act.

Like one Infected demonstrates excellent smell, and rather then turn around to look behind them self, they bend their head backwards, until its horizontal with their butt, and begin to scan their surroundings. Only one Infected does this.

And another Infected shows excellent climbing ability, like able to climb upside down.

None of these behaviors coincide with the other Infected, its as if the virus turned a personal quirk of theirs into their own little miniature special ability. Such as one Infected preferred to only crawl. He never stood on his actual legs, he just crawled. He also knocked people down and drug them away, he didn't attack head on, he just pulled them away and then attacked them.

Other then that, the film was very good. One thing I like is that they explain portions of the story, and it puts the movie into perspective. I hope they make a third one.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

deadwaste

Postby deadwaste » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm

clearly you havent seen world war z

talk about being unrelated to the source material
"Removing an evil **** spirit from a negro is as hard as removing the stink from a hunk of ****."
- Uncle Rukus, The Boondocks

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:50 am

ye world war z was pretty ****

Return to “All things Zombie”