Dayz

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Dayz

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:02 am

I was playing DayZ experimental earlier and ran into a friendly guy in Stary Sobor. He led to me a Mosin, gave me ammo for it in exchange for morphine, and we were going to stick together for a while. He started trying to light a fire, but he didn't know how, so he said he was going to look it up. We both went prone, and after ten minutes of nothing I got up and tried talking to see what was taking so long. He was just lying on the ground motionless, and he wasn't prone anymore; one leg was curled up, and his head was sideways and lying on the ground. There was never a gunshot or anything, but at that moment he was super dead. I looted his body (took his backpack, food, supplies, ect.) and logged out (leaving my old backpack behind by his body).
I just learned that the position he was lying in signaled that he was unconscious, not dead. Basically, this guy passed out for one reason or another and woke up a few minutes later with all of his **** gone and his buddy's empty backpack lying on the ground nearby, lol.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Apparently there's this thing called the Reddit Rescue Force for DayZ.
You post a thread if you need medical care, and they dispatch a team of people to help you, lol.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Just heard they're removing zombies from DayZ (temporarily) because they cause desync, lag, and server crashes.

No, don't worry, the zombies are only the main part of the game. What the ****, lol.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:02 am

After watching a bunch of videos on DayZ, I've come to realize that the standalone game is a steaming pile of nothing good. It all went so wrong with a concept with good potential.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:01 am

That sucks to hear :c

I downloaded the mod and got a couple hours out of that, thought it was pretty fun. Shame to hear they may've lost touch with the standalone.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Return to “All things Zombie”