Dayz

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Dayz

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 am

Holy **** this game

I logged in to Elektro and spent a little time looting until the server crashed. So, I log into a new one and continue looting. There was a ton of loot: clothes, backpacks, food, water, ammo, medicine, all kinds of stuff. I was just thinking to myself, "Wow, why is there so much loot?" when I heard gunfire.

"Oh, the bandits haven't rolled through yet"

So I'm just hiding in the top floor of this apartment as CONSTANT gunfire erupts all over the city. It never stopped for more than five minutes. Finally, after risking my life running to two other buildings, I decided I wasn't going to risk leaving the city under those conditions and logged out. After all, all I had was a backpack full of critical supplies and nothing to defend them except an axe, so I wasn't about to let myself become target practice.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 am

That sounds really cool. One of my favorite parts about a video game is trying to survive a fight between two different factions, like watching super mutants and enclave fight in Fo3, I could only imagine what that is like when almost every party involved is a unique and unrelated to each other, kinda like right after the infection first hits and there are soon-to-be bandits trying to steal ****/kill each other amongst the chaos.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 am

It was stressful and cool and I wasn't even involved, lol. At one point they were close enough to me that I heard someone open a can of pop.
The problem with Cherno and Elektro is that, although they're the best places for loot, groups literally stake out the entire city on the tops of buildings and in surrounding hills. They get into TeamSpeak or Skype and just wait until they see someone to shoot. They don't even need to; they have the entire city locked down for loot, but they do anyway. The only way to get out is to wait until some other poor survivor is spotted and use the bandits' own gunshots and killing as a distraction while you escape.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:47 pm

So I stopped playing DayZ a while ago because the pre-alpha nature of Standalone is really frustrating, lol. The melee combat is despicable at best, zombies glitch through walls and hit you through solid objects, and the last time I played it, I just finished looting an entire military base (one of the more hidden ones that no one frequents), only for the game to crash and give me a vanilla character. I had the biggest backpack (full of food and water), a pistol and a rifle with tons of ammo, a compass, first aid supplies...I was ready to take on the bigger military bases, but then the game crashed and I rage-quit for a week or two.

I started playing it again just now, thinking "it won't be that bad to start off fresh", but when I logged in, all my stuff was there.

THE GAME CRASHED, GAVE ME A VANILLA CHARACTER ON THE COAST, AND THEN REINCARNATED MY OLD CHARACTER WITH ALL MY STUFF LIKE "oh sory bout tht bro"

WELL, I MEAN, I'M HAPPY IT'S ALL STILL THERE
BUT AT THE SAME TIME, WHY THE **** IS IT ALL STILL THERE
I PLAYED ON THAT NEWLY-SPAWNED CHARACTER FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES BEFORE I RAGE-QUIT

GODDAMNIT STANDALONE I LOVE YOU BUT SERIOUSLY REIN IN YOUR BULLSHIT A LITTLE PLEASE

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Its like a domestic abuse story ending with the a marriage proposition.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:17 pm

"DayZ: Increase your FPS/Performance efficiently. (20-30 fps boost)"

*purposely follows only about half of the listed steps because I was lazy*
*purposely ignores the most important thing to change because it sounded like work to apply*
*5 fps faster*

ALSO TEDDY DON'T YELL AT ME FOR PLAYING DAYZ INSTEAD OF POSTING BECAUSE I WAS ONLY CHANGING THE GRAPHIC SETTINGS WHICH TAKES LESS TIME THAN A WORTHWHILE POST DOES

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:57 am

Holy ****, the game was updated earlier today, and almost everyone's characters were wiped and most of the servers are set to European time zones (i.e. night time for the US), and Steam is damn near imploding, rofl. There are enough tears on the DayZ forums to keep a medium-sized Namibian village quenched for eight moons.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 am

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING SO ACCURATE

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:02 pm

*see a survivor while running through Mogilevka*
*playing on my character that's decked out with weapons and basically everything else*

Me: "Hello? I see you in the street, hellooo?"

*guy disappears*

*pulls out gun, crouches down in doorway*
*sound of multiple bullets being fired, screen goes black*

You are dead

"Time to go shovel the snow again"
"I'll make a new character later"

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 pm