Dayz

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
tyrud

Re: Dayz

Postby tyrud » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Razorhamlincoln wrote:I'll post the next part of my epic run later tonight: The stakes are raised higher, people die, ect.

As long as it wasn't your guy, then all should be fine, lol.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Razorhamlincoln

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Sorry for not posting any more of this for the past week. You'd be surprised at how time consuming hunting another human being can be.

Anyway, I'll try and get the next part up as soon as possible.
What is a signature? Just a miserable pile of words! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:15 pm

http://7daystodie.com/

**** DAYZ STANDALONE

THIS IS MINECRAFT DAYZ
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah it looks pretty cool I've been keeping tabs on it this past month or so and I can't wait to see what becomes of it.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:59 am

Just bought DayZ Standalone. Time to die trying to figure out the controls.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Time to tell the tale of my first three player encounters:

1. I met a guy with broken legs crawling through the streets of Insert City Name Here. When he saw me he rolled into cover, and the only thing he said was "legs" and "friendly". I said, "I'll see if I can get you some morphine really quick" and I never saw him again. I got lost and never found any morphine, but at least I tried.

2. I heard voices while I was trying to find the first guy morphine in this church/mosque building, but they disappeared eventually.

3. While looting a fire station, I came across a dead body with a purple backpack and a guy just standing there next to it. I couldn't loot the corpse so I tried talking to the standing guy, and I hit him with my axe, but he didn't say anything and my axe didn't do damage. I kept hearing voices though, and when I descended after looting the station the guy with the purple backpack was standing (turns out the corpse was his) and the other guy was bandaging himself (turns out my axe did do damage, the server was just lagging). The purple backpack guy immediately froze when he saw me and said "friendly, friendly," so I responded with "yes", put my axe away to prove I was telling the truth, and then just ran away without saying another word to the pair, lol.

Also, side note Teddy, apparently my laptop's built-in mic is not complete ****, so now I can use TeamSpeak and shiz. I haven't been using Skype or anything that requires a mic because my hand-me-down webcam and microphone broke a while ago, and I thought the built-in mic that came with my laptop would be ****, but APPARENTLY it's okay.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:36 pm

So I was in Insert City Name Here, and I heard gunshots and voices coming from the fire station. I climbed to the top of an apartment building and spotted a guy sniping from a window, with a dead body lying next to him. All I had was a crowbar, so I left the building with my hands up (F1 ftw), and started turning in a circle to let them know I wasn't hostile when a guy appeared from behind me and started asking for a bandage. So, obviously, I bandaged him since I assumed the guy in the tower was his friend, which he was, and I wanted to be nice in hopes they didn't shoot me.

Turns out a random guy attacked the guy I bandaged, killed a pair of unaligned survivors hiding in the fire station, and then got killed by the sniper. Me and the sniper looted the bodies of all the fire station victims (I got both a gun and ammo for the first time) and some other buildings together after I helped his friend (who disappeared afterward; it turns out that he told the sniper to kill me, but he didn't, lol).

Then, a freshly-spawned player ran up to us, and I just ignored him until my new sniper partner spotted him and started shaking him down on the spot. I positioned myself near the new guy and prepared to shoot him if necessary, but my sniper friend shot him first. In all fairness he gave him five seconds to raise his hands, and I even explained to him to press F1. I felt like Russell from The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC, watching Nate shoot those old people, lol.

After that encounter I went to loot a storefront and literally right as I crouched down behind a counter to look at what appeared to be a battery, I got shot, went unconscious, and died. After I died, my sniper friend said something, but I'm not sure if he said "I died too" as in 'i know that feel bro', or "you died" as in 'haha i killed you'. That was how I learned there are three kinds of people in DayZ: people you never see who kill you, people you see that are likely to kill you, and me, the guy who's just kind of there, plodding along all happy-like until he dies.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:13 am

"I finally realized what DayZ is all about. All it takes is a little luck to do something amazing.

New life, new everything, nothing useful. Not even a crowbar or box of matches to my name, just a Mosin that I knew I would never find ammo for. I rummaged through a few buildings and found nothing but a Payday 2 Dallas mask, which I left alone. All of a sudden, I hear the words, “Hey, man! Friendly, friendly!” from behind me. I turn to see a player holding nothing but a shovel (turns out he came in from another server after just spawning in as well). A zombie appeared in the doorway to his left, and I yelled out a warning. We ran, but we both got hurt.

Three more zombies followed, and his shovel could only do so much. Through the cunning application of running in circles, he distracted the zombies long enough for me to bandage myself with a bandage he dropped for me, with barely any blood to spare. I did the same for him. Now, with three zombies at our backs, we ran into the void, unsure of which direction was north and with massive amounts of blood lost, but alive. And before we left, I turned around to see the player wearing the Dallas mask, and following close behind me. I trusted him.

We learned the hard way that trekking through the wilderness without sufficient supplies is ill-advisable at best, but we were desperate. As the last of our food and water ran out, we saw buildings on the horizon. A small town, whose name I still don’t know. In the middle of the town, a well, which we both drank from until we threw up. Inside the houses, just enough supplies to keep us going. A small horde chased us away from our new haven, and we were on the road again.

Instead of walking the main road, I suggested walking a few meters inside the treeline, out of common sense; in all apocalypse scenarios, the main roads are almost always riddled with traps and bandits.
No sooner than we jumped into the bushes my new partner hissed, “Oh ****, get down!” as two survivors passed by in the opposite direction on the main road just meters ahead of us. After that, he trusted me in the way I trusted him after he saved my life the first time we met. He questioned our choice not to talk to them, though, and I did as wel. It also got us thinking about other things, though, and after we found a pair of handcuffs the idea was solidified: ‘we might need to steal supplies’. We made an agreement that, if we found a lone survivor with no firearms, that we would attempt to hold him up with the ammoless Mosin. We would do what we needed to to survive, but we would not kill innocents.

Hills upon hills. Unending forest. Nothing but the glare of the south-setting sun (the sun sets in the south in DayZ, lol) and the dark shadows it cast on the ground. Small shacks here and there, but no supplies. No food. Nothing.
With a backpack full of empty space, I took to gathering literally anything I found, including all kinds of fruit that was long past its expiration date, which became our lifeline. We both became sick, him from the rancid fruit and me from engorging myself on massive amounts of pond water. But it kept us going. At one point we heard Slavic-sounding voices from the main road. We were glad we stuck to the treeline, and we crawled away without incident.

Two and a half hours of in-game trekking brought no new surprises. Our destination, one word: coast. That meant south, and it meant danger. Danger from the bandit hives of Cherno and Elektro, but necessary nonetheless. The hills opened into a clearing, and there ahead of us lay Elektro.

To our surprise the fire station wasn’t looted, and our luck turned drastically. A Magnum, a first aid kit for our injuries, food and water, ammunition…then it all went black. I write this upon the back of the New Testament because I don’t know if I’ll get out. He said to meet in the church if we ever got separated. After all we went through: the illness, the other survivors, the zombies, the loneliness...he said-"

(I glitched through the fire house wall and fell to my death. He picked up my stuff, and we met up in the church since I spawned near Elektro, luckily. I think we planned to play again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens then in my new DayZ chronicles.
This is the one game where I don't get mad if I die, by the way. I actually didn't rage when I Alpha'd through the fire station's third floor, lol.)
Last edited by coinsruledude on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Wow, these stories are pretty good.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Turns out we spawned in Novy Sobor (weird place to spawn) and followed a path that didn't take us to any cities except Guglovo, which was the small town with the godsent well. The food we found in Guglovo and inside small forest shacks along the way (and pond water) was what kept us alive. The best part is that we never died, aside from the glitch that killed me at the end.

Return to “All things Zombie”