Dayz

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Razorhamlincoln

Re: Dayz

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:30 pm

So last night I had a friggin epic DayZ run. I'll post the story soon.
What is a signature? Just a miserable pile of words! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Day Z can now be downloaded off of steam. huurayry.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Razorhamlincoln

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 am

That's pretty awesome.

Also, I just realized I never posted my story like I said I would. I still remember exactly what happened, so I might post it later. That is, if anyone wants to read it.
What is a signature? Just a miserable pile of words! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:53 pm

I'll read it.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Same here.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Razorhamlincoln

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 am

Alright, I finally had the time to post the story, so here it is:

The session that I had entered was a pretty large one, with only enough room for one more player. I had managed to get in before someone else took the slot.

I entered the game and took in my surroundings.I didn't recognize the area I was in. I had started on a beach; to the west I could see a road. I made my way to the road and decided to head south. Very early in my journey I encountered something weird. A mysterious pile of boxes lying in the middle of the road.
I cautiously approached the boxes, thinking it might be a PK ambush; knowing that just about a minute's walk to the north was a spawn point. I got to the boxes safely, looked around to make sure no one was coming, and checked inside. Sadly, of the 4 or so boxes that I could open, not a single one contained a thing.

Slightly disheartened, I continued down the road. It wasn't until about 20 minutes of straight walking that I began to see buildings in the distance. Upon getting closer I realized it was in fact a town, and a sizable one at that. Not wanting to take my chances entering the town on the main road, I split off to the right toward a field, and snuck into a backyard. I silently made my way around to the front to get a good look at the number of infected in the town. I was met with a frightening sight: there must've been 30 of them, some wandering in the road, but mostly concentrated on a single parking lot of a large white building just across the street from me.

Thinking that I would surely be overwhelmed if I tried to cut straight through the town, I planned instead to go around it; avoid it entirely. I began to turn around to return to the back of the house when I was stopped in my tracks by two infected slowly coming toward me from the back. I knew if I tried to run through them that I would likely get scratched, and I didn't want to run the Risk of a bleeding wound. But I couldn't just run in the middle of the road either. Then the two began to run. I had missed my chance of possibly running by them before they got riled up.

To hell with it.

I turned and ran out to the road, the infected in the parking lot seeing me almost instantly. I found the main road and had planned to just run out of town, but almost the moment I set on the main road I began to hear gunshots. I could tell it was a sniper, and whoever it was wasn't trying to hit the zombie, either, but me. Although lucky for me he was a bad shot. Some bullets hit the zombies behind me, while others hit the houses to my left. But not a single one hit me. As I ran, I began to notice there were a large amount of dead bodies on the streets. And not zombies, either, but dead players. I counted about eight as I ran.

Others must have revealed themselves, because I started hearing smallarms fire to my right. They were surely trying to hit me, but luckily all they managed to do was divert the zombie's attention to them, allowing me to duck behind a pickit fence and sneak around to the back of a house and proceed into an alleyway.

I headed down the alley, along the way checking the backyards of houses as I passed. About four houses down I encountered a tent. Getting closer, I realized there was somebody in it. Slowly, silently I got closer. The sound of flies soon became audible. I cautiously looked inside the tent to find he was dead; killed in his sleep. I rummaged through his backpack, not expecting to find anything, thinking that whoever killed him had taken all his stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to find that within his pack were a few bandages, a couple cans of food and a few cans of Pepsi. Also inside was a Makarov with nine bullets.

I turned around and saw that a zombie had found it's way in the yard, and was only about ten feet from me, and getting closer. Thankfully, the building whose yard I was in had an interior, so I quickly crawled inside and hid in one of the rooms to wait for the zombie to pass by, all the while still hearing the gunshots of the sniper and his group every once in a while when a zombie wandered too close to their position.
Last edited by Razorhamlincoln on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Razorhamlincoln

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 am

I'll probably post the rest later tonight. It was certainly a long session, taking place over the course of about five hours.
Last edited by Razorhamlincoln on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Pretty bad ****. I'd imagine escaping those bandits would of been tense, I would of prolly messed up and died. My computer seems to sense my emotional level, and on even on games that I run smoothly, whenever I get tense or frantic, they ALWAYS start to lag.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Smerg wrote:Pretty bad ****. I'd imagine escaping those bandits would of been tense, I would of prolly messed up and died. My computer seems to sense my emotional level, and on even on games that I run smoothly, whenever I get tense or frantic, they ALWAYS start to lag.
That sucks, lol. The only reason I normally tense up is because something is attacking me in a game where the computer has trouble running even the calm moments.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Razorhamlincoln

Postby Razorhamlincoln » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Smerg wrote:Pretty bad ****. I'd imagine escaping those bandits would of been tense, I would of prolly messed up and died. My computer seems to sense my emotional level, and on even on games that I run smoothly, whenever I get tense or frantic, they ALWAYS start to lag.

You have no idea, lol. Through most of the session my brother was sitting next to me. At the part where was I running down the street, being shot at while at the same time being chased by a horde of zombies, both of us were flipping the **** out, lol.

The whole time my brother was yelling "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!" while I was going "OHGODOHGODOHGOD!!!!" lol.

That really does suck about the lagging, lol. I always play DayZ on my brothers' computer, which has a super powerful graphics card and was build almost entirely with gaming in mind, meaning lag is never an issue for me unless it's a problem with the server itself.

I'll post the next part of my epic run later tonight: The stakes are raised higher, people die, ect.
Last edited by Razorhamlincoln on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “All things Zombie”