Dayz

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
TheTeddyguy

Dayz

Postby TheTeddyguy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Well I just started playing and holy **** ****. After afew minutes of sneaking around Cherno where I spawned some zombie spotted me so I ran, and ran and ran until I found this cathedral. I duck in there and shut the doors behind me then start searching the place. While searching the doors fling open and one lone zombie is standing there looking for me.

I ducked down before he could see me and started crawling on the right side of the aisle with the seating as cover. i waited until it slowly walked by then stood up and bolted out the door, safe for now. I got out of Cherno and I was laying in a field going through my inventory when I hear over my headset "Hello." Then some guy with a rifle sprints past me, I turn around and see maybe 30 zombies following.

Me and him sprint into a nearby village and split up after a while I hear gunshots then see that he died so I am on my own with maybe 10 still following me. As I am running through the village trying to lose them I hear gunshots wiz by my head and think I am dead, but then I turn and realize some lone sniper killed all the zombies following me.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

coinsruledude

Re: Dayz

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 pm

See, you obviously found some team players, lol.

Most people would've been like "OMG HUMAN" and shot you on sight.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:17 pm

I know I got pretty lucky with that encounter.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:09 am

Is Day Z fun enough to be worth buying two games just to play it?

So far, I have one friend of mine saying no, and another saying yes, your opinion will be the tie breaker of weather or not I decide to plan to purchase it.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:01 am

Smerg wrote:Is Day Z fun enough to be worth buying two games just to play it?

So far, I have one friend of mine saying no, and another saying yes, your opinion will be the tie breaker of weather or not I decide to plan to purchase it.

Absolutely. Play armas armory mode for a while and get used to operating any vehicle you might come across along with basic game controls then hop into dayz.

Did good for the first time a bit ago. I was looking for loot in some random shack (My friend was over checking the game out also) and while in the shack looking out the window at a hill I said to my friend jokingly "Watch me see a sniper shot right now" Then, on **** cue a flash comes from the hill and a bullet wizzes by my head. I duck out of the place and start running then find the guys dirtbike and stole that and ran away (Shortly after it ran out of gas, but it still saved my life.)

I was sneaking up to a barn a bit later and a zombie spotted me so I decided **** it and sprinted inside in the hope of finding a weapon. Luckily I got a enfield and shot 11 zombies that came in after me then I booked it out of the barn and to a hill, I turned around and saw some guy with a rifle looking for me (He did not announce friendly so I assumed bandit) and I put 1 round in his head killing him.

This game is worth it, not to mention Arma itself can be enjoyable once you get used to it.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 am

Alrighty then. Will probably purchase it this Christmas, then.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:19 am

Smerg wrote:Alrighty then. Will probably purchase it this Christmas, then.

Try Arma free for now, you still get full access to the armory mode in it.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 am

TheTeddyguy wrote:
Smerg wrote:Alrighty then. Will probably purchase it this Christmas, then.

Try Arma free for now, you still get full access to the armory mode in it.

Is the Armory mode a single player function? I don't want to **** people off by joining a multiplayer server just to learn, when there may be legitmate tactics being attempted.

oclisto

Postby oclisto » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:31 am

ive seen a couple of lets play's of it and i have to say it looks fantastic. now if only i had enough momey to buy it
but there is one they fear. In there tongue his name is tsurikiin. Trollborn.
TROLOLOL

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 am

It is single player smerg. And any of you who do wind up getting this let me know and we can team up. By the time everyone starts joining I should be more experienced by quite a bit so you will have me to help you out in the start.

Return to “All things Zombie”