(Role-Play) Class 3 Outbreak [OOC]

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
TheTeddyguy

Re: (Role-Play) Class 3 Outbreak [OOC]

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:34 am

Well you can take over one of my many characters if you want in now until you find inspiration for a new character.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:29 pm

xmaslightguy wrote:Also if someone is currently copying the RP over to a word document, I would love a copy to print out and read so I don't have to stare at tiny text on a computer...
Actually I've started to do so. It's a good idea but it'll take forever and be like 1002002 Word pages. With the shorts it's easier since it's all one person writing it, but the RP was designed to have multiple people writing it and therefore it's hard to put into story form. Not to mention all the **** grammatical errors and OOC chat, lol.
It took me between ten and fifteen minutes to do the first page alone.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Glad someones doing that lol. I would probably go on a rampage if we lost all of this lmao.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Here's what I have so far. Keep in mind, this doesn't even cover the first four pages, lol. I added some little details and clarification, but for the most part I just reorganized it and fixed the grammatical errors:

C3O RP wrote:Adam looked around the house he had been hiding behind and looked around the street ahead. Just like the last several streets, this one had the same scene of people killing, and then sometimes eating, other people.
“Good God,” he thought to himself. “Just what the hell is happening?”
He knew that a friend lived just down the street, and figured if he could get to his house and barricade it correctly, he could be safe from whatever was happening in the city. Unfortunately, Adam had a big heart and decided to try and help anyone he could on this street. He noticed a young woman and a young man take down three of the murderous people by themselves.
”Well, he has a gun and knows how to use it. It might be a good idea to approach completely friendly.” he thought. He started walking towards the blonde man, with his hammer at his waist. It was his only weapon right now, but he had a shotgun at home that he would try to get to as soon as possible. Adam got within ten feet of the two, and said out loud, "Hello there. May I join you? There's safety in numbers, and if this thing ever calms down I have plenty of wealth in which to pay you."
~
Theodore was shocked. He stood in the streets at the sight of the zombie apocalypse he had always thought about, but since he was on vacation in D.C., he could not put his preferred plan that he devoted hours of thought into in action. He decided it was time to improvise; he double-checked what weapons he had brought with him: a large magnum kukri machete that he had sharpened to a razor edge, a Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle with eight rounds, and his grandfather’s Walther P38 with one full clip of eight rounds. He decided the first thing to do was to use his weapons to help anybody in danger.
~
"Come on boys, one at a time!" Rachel said, as three of the creatures walked toward her. The streets were in complete chaos; her dealer tried to eat her moments before. She barely escaped with her life, and now there were three more of them walking toward her. She started to look around for something to aid her. She looked across the street and saw a blonde walking down the street, armed with various weapons.
"Hey handsome, I can use some help over here!"
Theodore jumped at the opportunity to help the beautiful girl. He quickly put himself between her and the zombies and pulled out his Walther P38. He pointed it at the nearest zombie, but hesitated for a moment before pulling the trigger at the last second. He quickly shot the other two zombies and watched them fall to the ground. After a few seconds of reflection, he introduced himself to the girl. While he was doing so, a man approached them.
"Hello there. May I join you? There's safety in numbers, and if this thing ever calms down I have plenty of wealth in which to pay you."
"You’re right, there is safety in numbers. But you’re going to need a better weapon than that hammer," Teddy threw his kukri at Adam, who caught it awkwardly, trying not to cut himself on the blade. "And as for the wealth, well, that’s the least of my worries right now…do you have somewhere we can go?"
Before Adam could answer, Rachel she walked toward Adam, hips moving back and forth.
"Well, hello, handsome," she said, as she put her hand on his face. She also put her hand in his pocket and took his wallet without him noticing. She turned around and winked at teddy. “Thanks for the help, kid.”
Theodore saw the woman take the wallet and raised his pistol slightly. "I suggest you give that wallet back. Another move like that and you are on your own."
“Good eye, kid. Don't worry…Adam Lazenby, is it? I was going to give it back. Just wanted to make sure your wealth was real or not. And, kid, don't point a gun at someone unless you want to use it," Rachel told them, putting Adam’s driver’s license back into the wallet. "My name is Rachel West." she said.
Theodore lowered the pistol and holstered it. He took off his red mirrored sunglasses and said, "I’m Theodore. My friends call me Ted, or Teddy…just don't do that again."
"You already know my name thanks to her," Adam snatched his wallet back from Rachel. "If you promise not to slit my throat or steal from me, I can give you both about ten grand after this is over."
Adam turned to Teddy after sticking his wallet back into his pocket. "I actually do have a place in mind, down this street is my friend's house. Two stories, tall, solid wooden fence surrounding the backyard, and solid brick walls for the front of the first floor. I figured it would work as a temporary shelter," He noticed several zombies approaching from one end of the street. "The house is the opposite direction, but they could follow us. Should we try to deal with them?"
"I'd prefer not to, but if the kid can take them out, sure." Rachel said, again winking at Teddy. He sized up the zombies, and then remembered how limited he was on ammunition. He glanced over and noticed that all of the houses leading in the direction Adam pointed had fenced-in yards. "No, let’s hop the fences. They will lose sight and wander off somewhere else."
Adam looked at his hammer and his newly-acquired kukri. He had already killed two zombies with the hammer, but both were from behind. He would rather not test his ability to kill other humans in a situation as one-sided as this. "Okay, let's try to lose them. I may not look the part, but I’ll be able to get over those fences."
"Okay, let’s go. For the record, I’m going to need that kukri back when we get to your friend’s house." Teddy put his sunglasses back on.
"No problem, I'm not even that sure how to use it," Adam said. He gestured towards Rachel. "Ladies first, and this is more for the fact that I don't really trust you watching my back."
~
Jonathan was a sorry case. He was trapped in the auto shop in which he toiled for hours on end for little pay, due to him being a minor. Outside, there were three zombies. The back door had been barricaded by his recently deceased workmates and boss. He was armed with a tire iron and the boss' Glock, with three clips. Having wasted three shots on his coworkers he was left with a total of forty-two bullets. In the street, there was wreckage and smoke…he had to get out. He knew it. He would die in there otherwise. He grabbed an oil rag from the Buick they had been working on, and wrapped it around his face after quickly washing the grime off of it. He stumbled out the backdoor and into the street. Though the light smoke, he saw some figures in the distance, approaching a fence. He called out to them.
"Hey! Don't shoot! I'm alive! Help!" Jonathan yelled. He waited and prepared for the worst.
~
Just before jumping the first fence, Teddy heard the shouting. He yelled back at the voice.
"Jog over with weapons holstered!" He clenched his Walther P38, just in case. Jonathan heard the shout, and did as he was told.
"Hey, thanks, man."
“Thank me when we’re safe,” Teddy replied. “Rachel, like he said, you go first.”
The group set off, quickly hopping several fences to lose the groups of zombies. Adam was thankful none of them were injured; he saw several people on the street, stumbling along and mauled by zombies, or just collapse from blood loss. His thoughts shifted to his own group. Although they were doing fine, none of them had been checked for the infection. He knew he wasn't infected because he'd stayed away from everything and anyone that looked suspicious, but how did the rest know to do that? What if they were infected and change on them once they were safe?
”Okay, first order of business when we get to the house, figure out if any of us are infected,” Adam thought inwardly. “Strip searches will work for us guys, but I don't want to make Rachel strip without her consent. I guess we could quarantine her for several hours…yeah, that'll work.”

Lost in thought, Adam suddenly realized they had hoped the fence into his friend's backyard, and Rachel, being in front, was about to move on to the next house.
"Wait, we're here!" Adam called out. He looked to the house. There were no signs of a fight, but he could only see the kitchen through the sliding glass door, so he couldn’t be sure. "We need to clear the house. Who's taking point?"
Teddy quickly observed the situation. "I’ll take point. I need the kukri back…you, with the Glock, come on in behind me. Rachel and Adam, you stay out here for now."
Jonathan fell into step behind the man who signaled for him. He drew the Glock and held it in one hand, the tire iron in another.
"Hey," he said, realizing where he was. "My house is just around the corner. My dad's got a carbine. That could be useful. He was also a fan of canned goods," He paused, as if in thought. "Oh, and I'm Jonathan, by the way."
"Alright, Jonathan. We will head over there once this place is secured." Teddy said. He retrieved his kukri from Adam and sheathed it, and then and drew his Walther. He entered the house, followed by Jonathan. The darkness of the house consumed their vision for a few moments, and Jonathan had to close his eyes to let them adjust. As soon as he could see, he changed to a fresh magazine. He would have to remember to do that more often. He also needed more bullets. Hopefully his dad had more .32 rounds at his house. "So what exactly are we looking for?"
"Adam’s friend, and anyone or anything that should not be here." Teddy turned a corner and began checking the first floor, which was clear.
~
Rachel looked around the backyard for any clues of the creatures, then turned her gaze to Adam.
"So, who was the lady in the picture?" Rachel asked, in her natural flirty manner, referring to the photo Adam had in his wallet.
"Well I was actually married, but-"
Adam stopped for a moment. He didn't cry, he had had enough that as a kid, but right now he truly wanted to. He took a deep breath, and continued. "But when I got home today I found her being torn apart by our neighbors, and after I killed them I had to kill my own-"
Adam couldn't say it. He had been raised a Catholic his whole life, and he knew killing was a sin. He had avoided it and now he had managed not only to kill, but to kill the person he loved most.

He needed something other to distract him, "S-so what about you? Any family?" Just then they heard a crash from inside the house. Adam rushed in, his hammer ready, but Teddy was at the top of the stairs, and the house’s layout blocked the top from view.
"What's going on?"
~
With the first floor cleared, Teddy began up the stairs and noticed a bloodstain against the white wall. Seeing that the hallway was narrow, he holstered his pistol and pulled out his kukri; measuring at twenty-two inches, it was an intimidating weapon, and it was sharp enough to chop logs easily. he moved forward, and as soon as he reached the top of the stairs he looked to the right. However, a zombie came from the left, and tackled him to the ground before he could react. He grabbed the zombie by the throat and pushed it away as much as he could to keep its teeth away, but he knew he didn’t have much time to act.
“Help!” he yelled. Teddy used his free hand to frantically look for his kukri. He found it lying on the ground and stabbed the zombie in the side of the chest; the blade impaled the zombie and, while not killing it, the move provided enough force to make it roll off of him.
Just as Adam got to the bottom of the stairs, the zombie rolled down them and landed in a heap at the bottom. It was still focused on Teddy, so Adam swung his hammer and managed to break its neck, leaving it paralyzed. After the initial adrenaline wore off, he took another look at the zombie, and his stomach started turning.
"Holy crap…t-this was my friend!" Adam whispered. He turned and ran to the bathroom, the contents of his stomach rising in his throat.
Teddy got back to his feet, walked down the stairs, and stabbed the zombie in the head with his kukri to make sure it was completely dead. He looked at the stars again and realized that the bloodstain at the top of the stairs meant more than one zombie. He took a rag and cleaned off the blade of his kukri, took a breath, and started up the stairs once again. Teddy searched the top floor, but found no signs of life.
“Clear!” he yelled, going back down the stairs to find Jonathan. He found him in the kitchen, rummaging through cupboards for food, another dead zombie lying on the floor.
“Next time actually watch my back, okay? I could have been killed!” Teddy said somewhat angrily.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Well good job so far, good format for if we make it into a book at some point as well lol. With that length at 4 pages, we really could do so.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm

It's just over four pages in a Word document, and this is the super-early stuff where we barely wrote anything in our posts, lol.
It's easily enough for a book, maybe two. Add the shorts and the new RP, and ****, we have us a goddamn series.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Once we eventually finish up this rp we should REALLY consider it lol.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Teddy, you wouldn't happen to have that old PM grayaus sent you at the start of the RP with that scene with Rachel and Teddy in the bathroom, would you? I'm at that part now and I just remembered he sent you something because he didn't know if xmas would call it inappropriate.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 pm

No I had to delete it ages ago to make space for other messages, it was something about her arms having tons of needle holes from her doing heroin.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 am

I like what you've done so far coins, but what I'm seeing is that the majority of the work is going to be trying to make what are essentially individual chronologically connected and organized fragments into a coherent story. Transitions will really need to be looked at because currently it looks pretty erratic at the moment.

Making this into book material is going to take a lot of work I see.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

Return to “All things Zombie”