Left 4 Dead topic

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Smerg

Re: Left 4 Dead topic

Postby Smerg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 am

You sure you're not playing with people with bad ping? Wait nvm you're on xbox.

I have horrific ping. And consequently I don't have a mic either...

**** maybe I need a mic
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm

I've seen plenty of people who had mics and still sucked, lol
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:01 am

Apparently Valve made more then the four Midnight Riders songs they put in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZdvW6BBkc

"In 1987, the Midnight Riders were asked to participate in a children's charity Christmas album with their rock peers. The Riders refused. In a 1993 Guitar God Magazine article, Dusty explained: "Givin' kids charity just makes 'em weak, man. Teach a kid to fish, he can eat fish his whole life. Teach a kid NOT to fish, he starves to death. Where I come from that's murder, Homes." A few years later, the Riders grudgingly agreed to participate in a 1998 Christmas album in exchange for not having to do 30,000 hours of community service. "All I Want For Christmas is to Kick Your ****" was written, recorded and mailed in less than one hour."
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Just used console commands to reenact The Walking Dead in L4D2.

I changed Infected health to 999 and put it on Expert, disabled all special Infected, disabled the ability to climb and put their speed at '15' (Which is virtually a cross between shuffle and jog, like in the walking dead). I also increased the zombie spawn to 100-200.

I then loaded up Swamp Fever and kicked everyone but my character.

**** was intense. I couldn't not get Infected, it was horrifying. One time I panic'd, and just ran through the swamp trying to find the safe room, blasting zombies away but not killing them. I got knocked down to 5 Health, and with no ammo in my shotgun I finally found the safe room. :c

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I don't play left 4 dead, so I don't get it, but perhaps you guys will.

"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 pm

You don't need to play Left 4 Dead to know that witches = bad.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:24 am

So, I've come to the conclusion that being a special Infected is not cool.

Almost each special Infected is in a deathly amount of pain. The Spitter? The acid is burning her as much as it burns you.

The Boomer? Its stomach has ruptured, but the virus keeps it alive through the pain as well as weakens its flesh drastically.

The Witch? She cries because, to fuel her massive strength, the virus must constantly consume, hyper regenerate, and then consume again her organs.

The Tank's muscle mass has torn its lower jaw off, the Hunter instinctively tears at its eyes, the Smoker's tongues is actually mutated intestinal growths, and its face is torn up by tumors.

The Charger is actually a victim of elephantism that has been Infected by the virus.

The Reason the Jockey hobbles like it does, is because its bones are broken.

etc, etc.

Just something I noticed/read in the wikia. Thought it sucked. Kinda means special Infected kills are mercy killings.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:00 pm

My friend gifted me a legit copy of LFD 2 over steam cause his brother got like for legit copies for sale. I can now be as kewl as you guyz.
(⌐■_■)

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 am

Found an in-depth analysis of L4D's Common Infected on Tumblr. Thought I'd share. (Just bolding/larging this bit so it can be told apart from the block of text that my post will be.)

"Common Infected: They deserve our pity (maybe)

When not attacking, Common Infected are very vulnerable, usually sitting down, leaning on walls, or simply standing. If an idle Common Infected receives a non-fatal gunshot wound from a distance they will writhe in pain and clutch the wound with their hand. They are often seen engaging in bizarre activities such as vomiting, attacking inanimate objects, and fighting each other. In rare cases, one can be seen facing a wall and making mumbling noises, as if talking to itself.

The Infected appear to lack a sense of self preservation, as they will actively charge into flames, explosions, jump off from high buildings, and against superior forces of the Survivors and their weapons, even if they have encountered these things before. Due to loss of higher brain functions, they seem to ignore pain and damage even when their limbs are blown off.

They seem to have some grasp of their current situation, or at least how they feel; generally, idle Infected act physically ill, holding their heads and vomiting as they shuffle around slowly. Occasionally, one of the Infected who is holding their head may begin to writhe in pain, or they may simply lie down and sometimes die without being shot or punched. Common Infected are shown to have a primitive but working communication system with others, generally through grunts and screams. They are also shown to see the Survivors as something inhuman, or something of the sort, which may explain why they attack them- it may even be that symptoms of the Infection include immense hallucinations followed by adverse paranoia which leads them to attack nearly anything they see moving, including their own kind on various occasions. Anatomy breakdown is shown in the case that if a Survivor would step on a sleeping zombie, they will immediately die."

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:32 am

I'd noticed some of the infected who lean against the wall vomiting all sickly and what not and figured they were just recently turned people who had yet to be fully consumed by the virus.
(⌐■_■)

Return to “All things Zombie”