Left 4 Dead topic

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Smerg

Re: Left 4 Dead topic

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:43 am

From what I've gathered from the wiki and the game play of both games, the earlier a person is turned, the more healthy its Infected might be.

The changes in brain function that the virus inflict actually takes a lot of energy. Infected loose fat at an alarming rate and even loose muscle. The structural damage rendered to the body is from the virus consuming so much of it to fuel the brain re-writing.

People recently turned breed stronger, faster, and even more intelligent Infected. But the vast majority of Infected being fought in L4D2 are multiple weeks old, and as such are suffering from the virus's horrific metabolistic demands, coupled with the fact that the virus actually doesn't tell its host to eat, only to drink (An Infected can only live for one month.) creates a much weaker, much easier to kill, Infected.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Smerg wrote:People recently turned breed stronger, faster, and even more intelligent Infected. But the vast majority of Infected being fought in L4D2 are multiple weeks old, and as such are suffering from the virus's horrific metabolistic demands, coupled with the fact that the virus actually doesn't tell its host to eat, only to drink (An Infected can only live for one month.) creates a much weaker, much easier to kill, Infected.

So the Boomer, Charger, and Tank are newly infected.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I was referring only to common Infected, Coins. And that was just a personal theory about a video game.

I could go over the physical states a Human being would need to be in for them to turn into a Special Infected once they come into contact with the green flu, but you don't care lmao. (But mostly I'm too lazy to copy-paste **** off the wiki.)
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:43 am

DID YOU GUYS KNOW THERE'S ACTUALLY A GUY NAMED 'Noam Chomsky'

MY **** WORLD IS SPINNING UPSIDE-DOWN RIGHT NOW

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:44 am

I knew about him before I played left for dead as we talked about him and his language theory in both my psychology class and my philosophy class.

His theory is quite interesting actually.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Say hello to Bill, Francis, Zoey, and Louis from early concept art circa September 2005.

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 pm

I like the Louis design, looks like just a hardcore disgruntled office worker. As for Zoey, thank **** they changed that design.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that early concept art Zoey is Rochelle with midriff, early concept art Bill is Coach with a police uniform, and early concept art Francis is Nick with tattoos?

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I could see the resemblance for Nick and Rochelle, and coach now that you mentioned it.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:05 pm

coinsruledude wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that early concept art Zoey is Rochelle with midriff, early concept art Bill is Coach with a police uniform, and early concept art Francis is Nick with tattoos?

Honestly I looked at the picture before I even read what he typed, and those were my exact thoughts. I thought this was concept art for L4D2 characters. Once I got to the Louis design It threw me off a bit, cus that doesn't look like Ellis.

Return to “All things Zombie”