Project Zomboid; Your wife requires additional pillows

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
Smerg

Re: Project Zomboid; Your wife requires additional pillows

Postby Smerg » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:21 am

So after watching half of my George A. Romero library I regained my old love for shambling zombies. I changed the infection settings to match the zombies in Romero's '-of the dead' movies (average everything, medium population, very slow) and named my character "Ben" Campbell, after the Ben of Night of the Living Dead.

So far I'm 8 Days in, with two skill points put into blunt, one into light footedness and one into sneak. I've cleared out my neighborhood (I spawned in the poorer one) and would of looted the rich neighborhoods by now if not for multiple gun-shots, and 5-10 Helicopters/Jets having caused at least a hundred zombies to congregate there.

My powers already shut off. Thankfully my plumbing hasn't, though I have at least a week's worth of water stored in bowls, bottles and pots.

I have a shotgun with 18 shells + whatever is in it right now (6 I think.) and an unloaded handgun with 30 rounds. After going through 3 cooking pans, I finally found a crowbar in the evening of day 7, after a daring excursions into one of the closest buildings of the rich neighborhood.

(I still wish I could do my fast zombie play through, but I think the game would have to be first person for that.)
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:37 am

Sounds like you're off to a good start, here's an update on Ivy.

She has killed 1606 zombies, survived for 24 days and her favorite weapon is the axe. She has 1 point in sprinting, 2 in lightfooted, 1 in nimble, 2 in sneaking, 1 in blunt, 2 in blade, 0 in aiming and reloading, 2 in carpentry, 1 in cooking and 0 in farming.

She has about a months worth of water, about 2 to 3 worth of food. Power and water are still on. She has a massive stockpile of ammo, I'm working on getting more axes.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 am

Day 13, I think. I've barricaded 3 of my houses 4 windows, with the window facing the rich neighborhoods only boarded up twice. (I'm hoping that seeing danger coming will be a bit more valuable than having a direct protection against it) with the rest that are barricaded boarded up completely.

I think I've killed 150-200 zeds, and around day 11 I finally ran out of my perishables. (I ate a banana, went back to my fridge for more and found my last two onions and orange had rotted away) I'm so desperate as to not cut into my stockpile of nonperishables that I've begun eating mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise with a ration of books and antidepressants to stop the sadness.

I've been able to loot almost all of the first block of rich houses facing the poor neighborhoods/closest to me. I dare not go any deeper, as apparently a gun fight is happening North of the rich neighborhoods. (At least once a day a gunshot rings out from that direction) ensuring that a great many zeds congregate deep in that direction. I'm thinking about looking into constructing some walls to block up the entrance into the walled off community, seeing as how all I need is a couple of ill aimed jets to send an army of the dead my way. I certainly have the resources for it, having cleared out all of the poor neighborhoods I have a veritable mine of planks.

I think I've got a months worth of food and water, and I've about fifty rounds for my handgun. I've got about 9 cooking pans, so if my crowbar breaks I have a sustainable supply of melee weapons. I'm thinking about taking a "day off" and just waiting in my house for a day or two to hopefully regain some strength, as for some reason whenever I fight zeds I only can kill two or three before I begin to exert myself, despite having the Strong perk

EDIT 1: The fates have smiled upon me. (hopefully)

The gunfighting that had occupied itself to the North of the rich neighborhoods made its way to the North East and finally the East, leading the horde with it (I suppose, I didn't actually check) just in time for a helicopter and a couple jets to lead the horde South, which if my estimates with the gunshots were correct, would be leading the horde to the south of my cleared out neighborhood and leave the majority of the rich neighborhoods lootable.

Again, not sure if this is the case, but I hope so. All I know is that my fears about the undead spilling forth from the neighborhoods were wrong, as the southward jets did not lead a horde towards me, leading me to believe the horde is elsewhere.

In a grimmer turn of events, however, I've run out of mayonnaise. I've begun cutting into my stockpile and must begin looting again (the past three days I had been attempting to rest and relax so as not to always exert myself in combat).
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Them cars though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fhc2WwYpyI

Also I'm surprised they gave them actual physics, for an early test build this looks promising as all hell.

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

I haven't played this in forever, but I might start a new game if they're adding big new stuff like cars.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Right now they're focusing on 3D character/zombie models and the cars, NPC's are likely going to be a bit after.

When you do jump back into it, make sure you do so with this gun mod. Makes guns a lot more viable and fun to use for clearing out large swaths of zombies once you stockpile enough ammunition. The devs even recommend this mod lol https://theindiestone.com/forums/index. ... 1242-3230/

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 pm

I've never really used guns in this game, so as long as it doesn't go overboard with ****, I'll try it.

MICROMANAGING YOUR MAGAZINE RELOADING DOWN TO THE BULLET AND HAVING TO SPEND TWO IN-GAME HOURS TO CLEAN YOUR GUN AFTER EVERY 100 SHOTS IS SO (((IMMERSIVE)))

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 pm

haha oh yeah this is a game. Put 30 hours into it and got to like day 50 before kinda forgetting it even exists. **** I gotta get back into this.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 am

I might have to retry this game at some point considering I never got past the tutorial for the game. Also played it when I was younger and didn't understand anything, lol. If I remember, this game has multiplayer, so it could be cool to set up a forum game for ourselves to **** around in.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 am

tyrud wrote:If I remember, this game has multiplayer, so it could be cool to set up a forum game for ourselves to **** around in.
I would also like that.

Return to “All things Zombie”