Project Zomboid; Your wife requires additional pillows

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
TheTeddyguy

Re: Project Zomboid; Your wife requires additional pillows

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:05 am

Sprinters are **** terrifying, it MIGHT be possible to survive against them in multiplayer but single player you're just running from building to building until you have to rest and they bust down the door and rape your face.

I like my dead rising setup, having them easier to kill one on one is nice and adds a bit to it but the INSANE numbers keeps things plenty tense and interesting.
"**** it, it's late."-Coins "Change it later."-Teddy
"She had a face like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle."-Jingles
"so he resigned himself to dying in a trash can."

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:14 am

How adjustable is the population? Cus in 28 Days later a lot of the zombies die of starvation seeing as how they're infected/not actual "zombies". My 28 days later attempt would have a similarly low population if at all possible.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:34 am

There's a whole lot you can do

Zombie population you can have none, low, normal, high and insane then you can chose to distribute them in urban areas mostly or uniformly the same amount everywhere. Day length, 1 hour is the normal one. Starting month which will affect if your character gets overheated while outside or gets cold along with how much rain there is. Water and electricity shutoff, how long until they'r disabled the default being somewhere between 0-2 months. Loot rarity, default is rare.

Then for zombies you can chose between their movement speed, shambling, fast shambling and runners. Their toughness and strength. How the disease is transmitted, you can be immune, have it through blood and saliva or the walking dead everyone's infected then how long before you die from infection and reanimation time. The cognition of zombies, from basic navigation to being able to open doors. Their memory time, their decomposition and then their sight hearing and smell.

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 pm

After lots of dying and trial and error/getting the hang of the game, I think of I've gotten a pretty good setup.

Im 4 days in and haven't been able to barricade my house. I'm bandaged head-to-toe and I've killed like 30 zombies. I ran to the North East of my house firing my handgun wildly, hoping to draw a horde out of the West for easier looting. I haven't found any medication, other then beta-blockers.

I'm currently queasy, with a rolling pin. Don't think I'm going to survive this world much longer.

EDIT: Died of my injuries while waiting for the dawn of day 5. Does the game automatically close out of itself for anyone else when they die? If so, is it disable-able?

EDIT 2: So I'm 3 and a half days + 35 zombie kills into my newest game.

I have the zombie population set to low and the loot spawn to normal. I was able to make myself suck enough to be Strong, Athletic and a light eater so that should help a lot. The zombies are sprinters, with eagle eye-sight, poor smell and normal hearing. Normal strength with fragile bodies. As long as I kite them 1 or 2 at a time, they don't get the advantage of numbers on me, which is nice, cus if they did I wouldn't be able to shake them. I'm a security guard, though I prolly should of been a police officer.

The morning of day 3 brought good tidings, as it seems the military is attempting to retake at least some part of the city. I had 4 Helicopters and 2 jets fly by one after the other in the span of 30 real time seconds. I hid in my closet hoping they wouldn't draw a horde on my house, thankfully they didn't.

Havent been able to get much looting done on day 3, cus of the rain. I tried to brave it, hoping a sweater would be enough, but I flipped my **** when I saw "damp" and high-tailed it to the nearest house. After quickly checking it for zambos I hid in the closet and logged out.

EDIT 3: Returned to base, started unloading food into my fridge. Turns out I wasn't right-clicking > put in container. I was right clicking > eat. I ate half the food I had looted (most of which required cooking for saftey) and then died in less then a second.

EDIT 4: After having a couple of 3-dayer's die on me, I've gotten 1 and a half days and 17 zombie kills into my newest world. Literally the first thing I did was try to start looting after I found a baseball bat. My next door neighbor was apparently mistrustful before the fall, as his house had a burglar alarm.

I was forced to then reenact the opening scene from 28 Weeks later; where the father has to out-run a horde of Infected with nothing but a bat and the clothes on my back.

(this guy ^ was me)

Surprisingly, despite them being super-human sprinters (they are fragile tho) I was able to escape without a single hit. I lost them in a clump of trees. (Short memories.)

Well, after that daring escape, I began to loot like crazy, finding a school back-pack and a couple day's worth of food. Then my salvation; within a cardboard box within a closet I found a fire-axe. (That's where 16 of my 17 kills have come from.) I tried to fight my way back to my house and succeeded, but as I approached my house I noticed a horde of at least 20 zombies had gathered to hear what the burglar alarm had to say (despite the fact the alarm had expired, they must of forgotten that though, like I said: Short memories) and having no where else to go I decided to listen to Coin's praises of Cortmen medical (Which my house was only a block away from).

After clearing it I deposited my loot within the apartment on the second floor and fell asleep. Tomorrow (both in-game and in real life) I plan to hit up the convenience store next to me, and some of the richer houses.

EDIT 5: I died eating a piece of burnt bacon. Wat.

EDIT 6: So. Much. Death.

EDIT 7: After trying to succeed for 10+ game hours I have decided to momentarily stop my attempts at surviving in a sprinter-world. (The most I ever survived was 5 Days) I'm currently 1-day into a normal game of survival. My dreams are dead. :c
Last edited by Smerg on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:05 pm

It takes some getting used to but you'll get there eventually.

You should use this map of the game http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5324 ... 83137,1.44
For the sake of realism I imagine it as my character using the gps on their phone, once the powers out I don't use it anymore.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:35 pm

My birthday is sometime this week, and I think i'm going to open up a savings account. What this means for, and you guys to an extent, is

1. I'll have an account for money that I can use on the internet.
2. I'll have money (hopefully) to put in that account.
3. I'll be able to buy this game one way or another.

I'm kinda excited to eventually start playing. The game seems really interesting. Mulitplayer will be cool too, since it'll be like an RP, but live-action in a way.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

TheTeddyguy

Postby TheTeddyguy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:49 am

You should look into getting a tier 7 or 8 premium tank in world of tanks if you get the money also, my IS-6 funds all my tanks with crazy premium load outs lol.

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

As soon as I get any gold, I'm retraining my Tiger crew so that they don't lose their skills, and then I'll see what I can spend my money on.

If I get a premium tank, It'll likely be the Lowe, though now since I have a Soviet heavy tank crew, I actually have a reason to get an IS-6. We'll see.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:45 pm

SplatterCatGaming, during one of his Project Zomboid videos, wrote:I remember seeing Dawn of the Dead when I was...possibly...ten or eleven years old - this was back in 1990-something - at which point I instantaneously fell in love with the whole concept of zombies. I loved the fact that they weren't live werewolves, where they didn't hunt you or anything like that. They weren't like vampires. Zombies were unique, because they relied on you to do dumb stuff and get yourself killed. Zombies don't really participate, other than eating you. They don't hunt you, they don't track you, they're pretty easy to avoid, they're super stupid...what's nice about zombies is that they rely on human weakness. Human weakness and vice. And that's what I love; it's a game against yourself. When you're trying to survive zombies, the game is all about not doing anything stupid, and, being humans, I think we all know that we eventually all do something stupid.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 pm

95% of my deaths in a nut shell.

Return to “All things Zombie”