Zombie Survival Plan

For the discussion of anything related to zombies which has nothing to do with Binary Space's games
coinsruledude

Re: Zombie Survival Plan

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 am

That ZombieRun is this Saturday, and I'm building a playlist of songs to listen to while I run. It probably won't take me more than a half-hour to run the thing (at absolute worst), but the playlist is three hours, so I need to narrow it down, lol.
The highlights so far are Taking Care of Business, the Left 4 Dead 2 finale music, Requiem For a Dream, and Gallows Hill by Josh Woodward, among others.
"You can only talk rubbish if you're aware of knowledge." ~Karl Pilkington
"**** it, it's late. Change it later." ~Me and Teddy

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm

I wouldn't be listening to music personally just to make sure I keep an eye out for the zombies, but then again I have no idea to what extent the run itself is a normal run.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 pm

It's a 3.1 mile course with obstacles like mud pits, barbed wire, and walls. The zombies aren't allowed to physically touch you; they can only take one of the three flags you have hanging from your waist (like in flag football). I'm doing it at noon, not at night, but it should still be badass. Now that I'm looking at the videos again, though (http://thezombierun.com/location/detroit-xb/), all the mud might ruin my iPod, rofl. I might put it in a plastic sandwich bag and let my earbuds fend for themselves....

BUT THIS IS A ONE-TIME OPPORTUNITY TO LISTEN TO LEFT 4 DEAD AND DEAD RISING OST WHILE JUMPING OVER WALLS AND AVOIDING ZOMBIES SO **** IT

tyrud

Postby tyrud » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:43 am

Seems really cool. Tell us about how it goes.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." ~ T. S. Eliot
(⌐■_■)

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:26 pm

So, the Zombie Run was awesome (no music though). Before we started they had a bunch of sirens and ambient gunshots going off on speakers around the park, and the announcer was talking about how the CDC set up the evacuation course (and he also made jokes about how he didn't trust them either, but it was the best option they had left), which I thought was a nice way to set the mood instead of just saying "hey have fun lol".

The first obstacle was about ten feet from the starting line; it was a broken-down van with two zombies guarding it, and I lost my first flag because everyone was packed so tightly at first that no one could avoid them. My dad got through with all three of his, but we cheated and he gave one of his to me, lol. The next obstacle was a fifteen-foot wall that we had to climb over using ropes, which was pretty simple. There was a pack of zombies on the other side, but they were also easy to avoid because we realized that the best strategy was to let everyone else go first and then escape through the gaps when the zombies are distracted. There was an open field with six or so zombies in it, and me and my dad both lost a flag (leaving him with one and me with two).

Between every obstacle, there was a wide open expanse of field, meaning there were giant safe patches that everyone just walked through to catch their breath, which was kind of disappointing. If there were zombies walking in the distance on the hills and stuff, or even on the side of the trail, it would've added a lot of atmosphere, but I don't think they had enough people signed up as zombies to do that. Also, the course wasn't nearly as muddy as the video, but I think that's because we did it during the day instead of at night.

The next obstacle was a small rope pyramid thing (http://befit24.com.pl/wp-content/upload ... yramid.jpg) that we had to climb over, and then we looped around and had to go underneath it through a web of elastic ropes. Everyone in front of us was trying to go through it standing up, but I said "**** this" and army-crawled under in like a third of the time, and then everyone who was young and/or fit enough to do so started crawling too since it was way faster. There were more zombies after that in another field, so I said "**** it" again and started sprinting through; one of the zombies, a guy about my age, got over-zealous and pushed me off-balance while trying to grab my flag, and I went flying and slid on the wet grass. I cut my hip when I fell, but I got back up, and while the zombie (and some other runners) was asking if I was okay, I taunted him by yelling how I still had two flags, and everyone laughed, rofl. There was a much bigger rope pyramid after the field, but on the adrenaline of falling over I got over it quickly.

Then, there was a big inflatable tunnel (kind of like a CDC shelter thing) with some zombies in it, and we got through by just waiting for other people to go first. We kept pace throughout the race with a group of six or so other people who made the unspoken, mutual agreement to stick together so we could get through it. Finally, there was a set of trapeze rings we had to swing across, another fifteen-foot wall like the first one, and more zombies before the finish line. Me and my dad both got medals for surviving, and it took us about 45 minutes.

deadwaste

Postby deadwaste » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Nice.
"Removing an evil **** spirit from a negro is as hard as removing the stink from a hunk of ****."
- Uncle Rukus, The Boondocks

scorch

Postby scorch » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm

I can't believe I haven't posted my plan yet.

Luckily, as I live in Britain, there are alot of stately homes with big gates, so the infected stay out, lots of open grounds and lovely gardens, which can be used for farming, and most of these stately homes are in the country side. And one good thing is you would be surviving in luxury at the very least! So I would just waltz around the country side trying to find stately homes, break in, collect supplies, install defences and just sit tight and live like a lord. Besides, me and my family are currently renting a luxury apartment in a stately home any ways so trying to hike to one would be very unlikely in the very least.

Failing that, there's always some old medieval castles around with moats and draw bridges around, lots of antiques as well, like old medieval swords armour and the like.

Example of a stately home if you don't know what I mean by great estates:

You must either conquer and rule or serve and lose, suffer or triumph, be the anvil or the hammer

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer and polymath

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:14 am

Christopher Eccleston is that you?
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

coinsruledude

Postby coinsruledude » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 am

*image available exclusively from dvdactive.com*

Smerg

Postby Smerg » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

That's weird, its working from my view.

Eitherway, heres a picture of my post sose you guys can see the pic I posted. Its nothing special, just a picture of Eccelston from 28 days later. (For those who dont know, he commands some soldiers to fortify a mansion against the infected in that movie.)

Last edited by Smerg on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Return to “All things Zombie”