SIMPLE military/police idea.

Tell us what you'd like to see.
Quilboar
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 3:18 am

SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby Quilboar » Wed May 14, 2014 3:28 am

This is just a simple idea for implementing authorities into the game.

On the map editor, have the ability to place either a single soldier/police officer, or a squad of them. You could then mark a location for the squad/individual to protect, or have them "patrol" (wander around aimlessly). They don't really need to do much other than guard and/or shoot zombies, and don't need to be recruitable (realistically, they wouldn't let a random civilian order them around anyway.) They would have better accuracy than armed civilians.

Smerg
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Dying in the Imperial Guard.

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby Smerg » Sat May 31, 2014 3:11 pm

Eh, civilian survivors are adequate enough to defend most areas from zeds just with 3 people and low accuracy, I'd imagine a squad of soldiers would decimate an area without much struggle unless you were to make the settings too difficult for normal survivors to survive in.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

headhunter211
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Lincoln, Ne

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby headhunter211 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 am

it really depends on the zeds, cause if you put them on "fast" with 30 sec infect time they tear **** up
Hearts are wasted, lives are broken, and people go missing.

Smerg
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Dying in the Imperial Guard.

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby Smerg » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 am

headhunter211 wrote:they tear **** up


Indeed, with such an effect that it would negate the purpose of military, as your survivors would die before ever meeting them.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

TheFizzWurt
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby TheFizzWurt » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Smerg wrote:
headhunter211 wrote:they tear **** up


Indeed, with such an effect that it would negate the purpose of military, as your survivors would die before ever meeting them.


I still think it would be cool...
Besides, on one of the maps I made I maxed out the zombies, super fast and 3 second infect time, max amount, and you can still survive if you get in the building on time, and get to one of two easily defendable positions (picking up recruitables on the way)
*YOU* How are we going to outrun those zombies???
*ME* I don't have to outrun them, only you!
*Pushes you down and runs away*

Smerg
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Dying in the Imperial Guard.

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby Smerg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 am

TheFizzWurt wrote:I still think it would be cool...
Besides, on one of the maps I made I maxed out the zombies, super fast and 3 second infect time, max amount, and you can still survive if you get in the building on time, and get to one of two easily defendable positions (picking up recruitables on the way)



I think it'd be cool if the military could start at one point then seek out an objective. The survivors could get there and have to survive until the Military got there, then be escorted with the military to an evac spot. Like, you wouldn't get control of the military but you'd have to follow them.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

scorch
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: Britain

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby scorch » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am

Smerg wrote:
TheFizzWurt wrote:I still think it would be cool...
Besides, on one of the maps I made I maxed out the zombies, super fast and 3 second infect time, max amount, and you can still survive if you get in the building on time, and get to one of two easily defendable positions (picking up recruitables on the way)



I think it'd be cool if the military could start at one point then seek out an objective. The survivors could get there and have to survive until the Military got there, then be escorted with the military to an evac spot. Like, you wouldn't get control of the military but you'd have to follow them.


Now THAT is an interesting idea, I bet there would be path finding issues but that could work, were would the soldiers escort you too? A base set up with machine-gun emplacements and a load more soldiers? Hell, I would love the thought of being escorted to a military outpost and finding something like this:

Image

Image
Last edited by scorch on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
You must either conquer and rule or serve and lose, suffer or triumph, be the anvil or the hammer

- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer and polymath

Smerg
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm
Location: Dying in the Imperial Guard.

Re: SIMPLE military/police idea.

Postby Smerg » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm

I doubt there would be path finding issues. It would be like when you direct your people across the map via selecting them and clicking an area. The soldiers would move the same way, cept the computer would "click".

And as for where they escort you, I'd imagine it be similar to the evac-game type we already have; a pre-set bulding that once access has been gained to it, and all the zombies within are dead, results in game victory.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown


Return to “Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests