Bigger maps

Tell us what you'd like to see.
LemonLock13

Bigger maps

Postby LemonLock13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

I was thinking that maybe you could enlarge the maps for a bigger simulation. Normally the biggest size available is 500x500,but the maps could be fun if you could edit the size to a higher point. Maybe like 600x600(just my opinion).

Smerg

Re: Bigger maps

Postby Smerg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Personally I'd enjoy map size tools similar to the cut/shape tools from MS paint, where you can manipulate the length and width of a box.

Like have a "Hold the line" map where its like 500x50, just 2-3 city blocks stretching up. Horde from one side, 100% armed population (plus your players) on the other. = Military-esque struggle to hold back the horde.
"If all else fails: duck. As a method of defense it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a second or two." - Unknown

Saxon
Site Admin

Re: Bigger maps

Postby Saxon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:56 am

LemonLock13 wrote:I was thinking that maybe you could enlarge the maps for a bigger simulation. Normally the biggest size available is 500x500,but the maps could be fun if you could edit the size to a higher point. Maybe like 600x600(just my opinion).

Hi LemonLock13,

The main reason to not support bigger maps is performance. Google are shutting down their Flash maps API in September 2014, and so some time before then I'm going to have to rebuild the game in JavaScript. I'm not sure how well that's going to perform, so I'd prefer not to make any changes which will make performance worse until after that change.

cya,
Saxon

Return to “Feature Requests”